Need Help picking a new B-day cymbal!

drums32

Hey guys, its almost my bday and im looking into the sabian promo where you get a free 15" aaxplosion crash with purchase of a sabian crash. I need help deciding between a 17" aaxplosion crash or an aax ozone 18" crash. I currently have 2 crashes, an xs20 16"crash and a paiste signature 18" fast crash, and a wuhan splash 12". I might sell the xs20 16" crash if i decide the 15" aaxplosion will take its place. But i need help on which one to get! Thanks alot :)

BFDrummer

get a HH 16" Dark Crash, i have one and it's my favourite cymbals, id get 40 if i could :p!

Haha bu out of the two i'd get the AAXplosion crash, i don't like the o-zone, sounds like a garbage can lid IMO.

A

audiotech

If I'm not mistaken, today, May 15th, 2010 was the last day to purchase a 16" or larger Sabian cymbal to take advantage of the free cymbal offer. I bought my Sabian Hand Hammered 18" Dark crash last Saturday.

Dennis

drums32

get a HH 16" Dark Crash, i have one and it's my favourite cymbals, id get 40 if i could :p!

Haha bu out of the two i'd get the AAXplosion crash, i don't like the o-zone, sounds like a garbage can lid IMO.
Thanks I have to go try them out

drums32

If I'm not mistaken, today, May 15th, 2010 was the last day to purchase a 16" or larger Sabian cymbal to take advantage of the free cymbal offer. I bought my Sabian Hand Hammered 18" Dark crash last Saturday.

Dennis
It says till may 31st on the website

A-customs

Silver Member

Maybe im not the norm,but i kind of dig the garbage lid sound...IE.China?????

Jessiah331

The Ozone is more of an effects cymbal. Not really a versatile crash, as some list it. I'd go more toward the 17 AAXPlosion, it'll shure partner well with the 15".

I also agree with the HH Dark. I have the 16 AAX Dark and it sits nice with the brightness of the 15 AAXPlosion.

Shameless Plug:
I have a 16" AAX Ozone that I'll be getting rid of soon (for cheap) so, you know, you could always just buy it off me... :D

MikeM

Platinum Member
I just bought an HHXplosion 18" that is really cool. I sent away for my 15 AAXplosion this morning. It's a little on the small side (I haven't used a crash that small in over 15 years), but I like free!

Jessiah331

I just bought an HHXplosion 18" that is really cool. I sent away for my 15 AAXplosion this morning. It's a little on the small side (I haven't used a crash that small in over 15 years), but I like free!
Plus they go for a good price on Ebay if you don't like it!