Need help: Is this a real Supra?

That looks like a 10 lug late 70's LM400

It's at a funky angle, but I can see 5 lugs in the pic (one behind the throw). If it were 8 lug, you'd need some funky camera magic to see 5 lugs.

Is that a real Supra or is that a Sears Supra?

I'm going with a real Supra. Sometimes it's hard to tell between the 8/10 lug thing in pics. It looks like the real deal to me.

Acros didn't have imperial lugs or chrome. If it is a chromed Acro they would have had to both chrome it and change the lugs. Not likely.

Okay, I brought him down to $250 and thought maybe it was too good to be true. There's no pitting at all (and I couldn't care less about the muffler). I should be snagging this later today. Thank you!

But to be clear, if I go there and by some chance there's 8 lugs, it's definitely not a Supra right? And magnet test?

Okay, I got it. It is indeed the real deal. The pics were playing tricks on my eyes. It's in really nice shape. Just needs wires and it's good to go. Not bad for 250 bones. My birthday gift to myself. :)

Okay, I got it. It is indeed the real deal. The pics were playing tricks on my eyes. It's in really nice shape. Just needs wires and it's good to go. Not bad for 250 bones. My birthday gift to myself. :)

If you're going to keep it stock, just order an L1929 or L1930 from a Ludwig dealer. I 'think' that they're currently made by Gibraltar for Ludwig, because aside from the "Ludwig" on one of the clips, they look almost identical to me.

My only other advice is to be weary of wide (42 strand) setups, as the snare bed isn't really made to accommodate them.

Actually I realized I have a set of 20 strand Ludwig wires. Just need some snare cord. I've never had to use cord before so this is new to me. May eventually upgrade the strainer.

It's never taken me that long to install snare wires. I feel pretty useless, lol. Anyway here she is, beautiful condition 1978 (?) Supraphonic. Sounds great of course.

20160501_165254.jpg

Last edited:
It's never taken me that long to install snare wires. I feel pretty useless, lol. Anyway here she is, beautiful condition 1978 (?) Supraphonic. Sounds great of course.

20160501_165254.jpg

Beautiful. Appears to be in great condition too !! I'd try to get the muffler if you can tho. I use the one on my 6.5x14 plus it is part of the original drum. Nice find !!

Beautiful. Appears to be in great condition too !! I'd try to get the muffler if you can tho. I use the one on my 6.5x14 plus it is part of the original drum. Nice find !!

Thanks, it is indeed in great condition. I'm not too worried about making it original. I may put a muffler in there but it's not something that's a big priority for me.

Back