Need first bass pedal (Good quality but not too expensive)

Ginger_Beakey

Hi,
I've learnt to play the drums using a snare, hi-hat and a Yamaha DD-55 electric drum kit (which I only really use for the bass and the crash), and in a week or so I'm getting a second hand Tama superstar shell kit, (basically just a bass drum and three toms) but it doesn't come with a bass pedal. I'm looking for a cheap but decent single pedal.

Any suggestions for what I should be looking at?

The tama iron cobra Junior is a good starter pedal. its very robust and should last you a while. Before my current pedals i had a mapex forge bass drum pedal which was about 50 pounds or around 100 dollars and that was a fantastic starter pedal which lasted me a long time!. Hope this helps

Ryan

The tama iron cobra Junior is a good starter pedal. its very robust and should last you a while. Before my current pedals i had a mapex forge bass drum pedal which was about 50 pounds or around 100 dollars and that was a fantastic starter pedal which lasted me a long time!. Hope this helps

Ryan

yep,yep or Iron Cobra.....$120.00 ????

The DW5000 is a workhorse and I've been using them for 15 years. You can find a used one pretty easily and they last forever.

DW Thousand series are very durable, even used you will be getting a quality product. But there are so many out there. What are you looking for exactly? Price, adjustability, up-grade-ability, construction, and performance capabilities are just a few things to consider. Double-bass or no?

I agree on the DW5000, that is a great single pedal no doubt.
Anything above $100 will be fairly good.

The DW5000 is a workhorse and I've been using them for 15 years. You can find a used one pretty easily and they last forever.
Sure they do.

attachment.php

I recommend Pearl P120 (or P122-TW if you want a double).

Sure they do.

attachment.php

I recommend Pearl P120 (or P122-TW if you want a double).

HAHAHAHAHA

BANG! BANG!

Of course, I mean no disrespect to deathmetalconga whatsoever - but that was jokes!!

I'd recommend a Pearl pedal as well. Great quality, great $ value, and very durable!! Preferably the Eliminator (P-2000) and you can get them for less than $100 used. I got mine on ebay for $80 not quite 2 years ago and it was in mint condition with all the cams, parts, and carry-case. I'm now selling the DW5002 double pedal that came with my Tama kit to buy an Eliminator double.

Last edited:
For a new, cheaper pedal the Pearl P-122 is indeed an excellent pedal. I played a P-100 (mechanically very similar predecessor pedal) for a long time and I still have it and it's very good indeed.

The picture of the split DW5000 is something I have never seen in the flesh or heard of; only seen these pictures on the Internet. Unless you're an incredibly hard hitter, it is very unlikely that this will ever happen. DW5000's are also excellent - my main pedal is a 5000 - and can be had very cheaply second hand due to their ubiquity.

I have played the Pearl 120 quite a bit on 2 different kits that were provided for me at rehearsals, they both felt pretty good. I owned a Iron Cobra Jr. 200 double pedal, used it for 7 years and it's a good pedal.

The Gibraltar 4711 is inexpensive and works great. I have the strap drive version and love it. There´s also a chain drive version.
Probably wasn´t available in 2008 but it is now. ;)

Back