Need an energy boost

Kaiser

Hi
Our toddler decided to keep me awake all night and I have gig later this evening. What do you do to get through a gig when youre feeling exhausted?

Any advice is much appreciated.

PorkPieGuy

Platinum Member
Hi
Our toddler decided to keep me awake all night and I have gig later this evening. What do you do to get through a gig when youre feeling exhausted?

Coffee, Mountain Dew, and carbs. Those Starbucks Doubleshot energy drinks aren't too shabby either.

I don't suggest this every day, but do what you gotta do.

JimmyM

Platinum Member
Diet Coke is my energy boost, preferably with a light meal high on green stuff and low on meat, without too many carbs, a couple hours before.

1 hit wonder

I got a Breville espresso machine and Rancilio coffee grinder for help.

No Way Jose

Silver Member
Cookies

Johnny2u2

Hi

Good question. If you’re young slam some strong coffee a bit before going on stage. Don’t drink too early or benefits will be lessened. Power drink? Never tried them

T.Underhill

Pioneer Member
Monster Energy Zero Ultra, Sugar Free. White can. I typically do not consume energy drinks but these will do the trick and it actually tastes pretty good

sumdrumguy

Nights like that, I take a thermos of green tea and a few bananas to the gig. Knowing I will be tired, I also drink LOTS of water during the day.

I usually show up early at venues. I like to setup and relax. If I am tired I sneak in 20min power naps after setup/soundcheck and before 1st set. Usually the green tea and bananas, and enthusiasm for playing out, keep me going after that.

Last edited:

GetAgrippa

Diamond Member
Kids-they all seem to have a sense of your stress and when important events are upcoming as babies so get sick and keep you up all night. Been their many times-I remember one time my professor asked me into his office to ask me if I were drunk or stoned because my eyes were so red-I wanted to punch him as I lamented my kid was up all frigging night and reminded him I have a newborn. I guess people forget. Kids give you all kinds of cooties too-just a festering pool of viruses and whatnot as a critical time for them to build their immunity. The worse was this viral conjunctivitis that was mild in my daughter but my eyes poured pus for three weeks-I wanted to die.
You can always drop by a truck stop - someone can help you. My bad.

Johnny2u2

Kids-they all seem to have a sense of your stress and when important events are upcoming as babies so get sick and keep you up all night. Been their many times-I remember one time my professor asked me into his office to ask me if I were drunk or stoned because my eyes were so red-I wanted to punch him as I lamented my kid was up all frigging night and reminded him I have a newborn. I guess people forget. Kids give you all kinds of cooties too-just a festering pool of viruses and whatnot as a critical time for them to build their immunity. The worse was this viral conjunctivitis that was mild in my daughter but my eyes poured pus for three weeks-I wanted to die.
You can always drop by a truck stop - someone can help you. My bad.
[/QUOTE
Hi

I liken this to going onstage when you’re sick. Then again, Covid has changed the rules it seems.

Hi

I know hockey players can sometimes be seen drinking flat coke for energy when the games go into multiple overtimes in the playoffs.