Need Advice for a Drum Bussiness

oChilLcHilLo

Hi guys.

I'm a little guy here who just loves drumming like everyone around here.
Beside my regular work, I really want to do something related to my passion: I want to start a small business related to drum. However, I am quite an amateur and in my country, other than distribution(selling), other types of business are not popular.
I want to have a small business but i am very short on the options. I need some ideas on the possibilities of what I could do.

It would be great if you could provide some suggestions.

Thanks a lot!!!!

Last edited:

topgun2021

Gold Member
Re: Need Advise for a Drum Bussiness

You could:

Become a distributor.
Make custom sticks/mallets
Paint drum shells
Paint/print bass drum reso heads
Build custom risers
Custom stick bags
Create a drum related device that people can purchase
build and run a recording studio

oChilLcHilLo

You could:

Become a distributor.
Make custom sticks/mallets
Paint drum shells
Paint/print bass drum reso heads
Build custom risers
Custom stick bags
Create a drum related device that people can purchase
build and run a recording studio
Thanks a lot. I'm trying to keep my options as open as possible but also viewing the possibilities. (Painting is just not my thing but the other seems very interesting ^^ )

Otto

Platinum Member

...a thought I am sure you have considered...but...

You tend to do what you accept doing.

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member

I would try working at a music store and gaining some knowledge and getting to know some of the distributor reps. Find out more about the business in you area.

The Black Page Dude

Re: Need Advise for a Drum Business

Hi guys.

I'm a little guy here who just loves drumming like everyone around here.
Beside my regular work, I really want to do something related to my passion: I want to start a small business related to drum. However, I am quite an amateur and in my country, other than distribution(selling), other types of business are not popular.
I want to have a small business but i am very short on the options. I need some ideas on the possibilities of what I could do.

It would be great if you could provide some suggestions.

Thanks a lot!!!!
All drummers have something to bring to our industry ... a drummer who is good with fixing stuff may become a drumsmith or something of that nature. A drummer who is great at explaining things may become an educator or start a website like Mike Johnston has.

I would say first identify what you are good at outside of drumming and see if those skills can become a valuable service within the drumming industry. My best advice would be (if you haven't already) start a band ... you never know how far that can take you!