Need a Good,Cheap Kit?

What's this? A text alert? Hmm ... let's see what it -- WHAT?? What do you mean, I've been issued a refund? What? Why??

"See order for details." According to that link, the drums are on their way. There are no other details.

I don't want a blasted refund! Send me my fucking drums, you incompetent slags!

What's this? A text alert? Hmm ... let's see what it -- WHAT?? What do you mean, I've been issued a refund? What? Why??

"See order for details." According to that link, the drums are on their way. There are no other details.

I don't want a blasted refund! Send me my fucking drums, you incompetent slags!

I would call to find out wtf is going on.. thats bs...

I would call to find out wtf is going on.. thats bs...

I'm running out the door now to take a bunch of heart tests (I'm fine, just arrhythmia), but I'll try to figure this all out later. I figure I can cancel the second kit, if I get the first one straightened out.

The emai I just received on the canceled kit says it was canceled due to being "not received." So they sent the order to be filled, and ... ?

You're right, I need to figure this out ... later.

I really hope it works out for you Nancy.

Like I said earlier though, I haven't heard many good things about Amazon.

Ya - it's a huge amount of stuff to track, but from what I've seen, they seem
to have an unusually high proportion of screw-ups.

I'm between tests at the cardiologist, and of course my main concern is this drum order. Here's a copy of the relevant part of their explanatory email:

On Friday, September 16, 2016, Amazon.com <[email protected]> wrote:
Hello,

We're writing to let you know we processed your refund of $765.56 for your Order 108-5513099-0565826.

This refund is for the following item(s):

Item: Mapex Saturn Series Walnut and Maple SRO 5-Piece Drum Set in Gloss Natural Lacquer Finish
Quantity: 1
ASIN: B002SSUO08
Reason for refund: Item not received

Here's the breakdown of your refund for this item:

Item Refund: $709.51
Item Tax Refund: $56.05

We'll apply your refund to the following payment method(s):

Debit Card [expiring on 11/2017]: $765.56

We've processed a refund for the above order in the amount of $765.56. The refund should appear on your account in 3-5 days if issued to a credit card.
Refunds issued to a bank account typically take 7-10 days to reflect on the account balance.

(Sorry about any formatting problems. I'm on my phone and rushing to do this before the cardiologist comes back.)

Am I the only one to see the irony of a drummer with arythmia?

Nancy, I hope the cardiologist finds your groove (insert gynaecologist joke here) and that you end up with at least one set of Saturns.

Am I the only one to see the irony of a drummer with arythmia?

Yeah I caught that too but I figured Nancy was busy enough with the doc & Amazon.

I hope she ends up with two kits, puts them both together, and writes a post that competes with Bo's beast.

Here, here!!

Do you think Bo could handle that, though?!?

Hey Nancy C: what happened with your drums?

GIF of me watching this thread:

tumblr_noys8mkgT11s0my1wo1_250.gif

I need to check in more often -- I have so much fun reading your posts! You guys are a tonic.

I never did call Amazon about the first order (the one that was canceled due to non-delivery, wtf-ever). My husband and I recently moved, and prior to that was my mom's death (and the emotional, financial, and other distractions that brought), plus we have some legal stuff going on related to our bass player's recent (and abrupt) dismissal ...

Anyway, I've been a little scattered, so I haven't been stopping by except in the most occasional, fleeting way. I'm going to change that, because I really need this place -- for my soul, mainly. I also find some of the information useful! And now I am going on and on ...

Ahem. So! Here is the relevant part of an email I just received. I hope I resized it so it doesn't end up huge, like the ones I posted here previously. It sounds like the drums are on their way! Delivery expected on Wednesday, not even two whole days from now! I'm getting more excited!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    88 KB · Views: 352
Awwwww man, that is just *gorgeous*!

Financial upheaval related to bass player's dismissal...jeez, Nancy, just how serious is your band?

Awwwww man, that is just *gorgeous*!

Financial upheaval related to bass player's dismissal...jeez, Nancy, just how serious is your band?

We are very serious, trying to be smart about things, but it's LEGAL (not financial) fallout from the bass player's firing. I can't say too much now, but we aren't the ones in trouble.

It has been a nutty 2016.

Oh! And they don't deliver to my state, so it's all going to my sister in Washington, and she will have to forward to me. Kind of a hassle for her, but she's game.

I'm actually holding my breath, waiting for Nancy's delivery today!

Nancy, spill the beans! did they arrive? :)

(in Washington)

I'm actually holding my breath, waiting for Nancy's delivery today!

Nancy, spill the beans! did they arrive? :)

(in Washington)

Not yet! Probably by noon, West Coast time.

Another concern is the shipper -- Pilot Freight Forwarding. I've never heard of them. I sure hope all four boxes arrive intact.

You guys will know a few minutes after I do!

Back