Need 1 1/8" Boom Cymbal Mount

Modern version

Do you have the tom mount? You could insert it upside down and clamp a boom onto that, or you could remove the pin and take the top part of the mount off.

That's what I did trying to do the same thing as the OP.

I posted a similar thread about this several months ago. I couldn't find a suitable pipe (but did find wood dowels in the same diameter at Home Depot), so I had to improvise. OP, check out post #14 if you're interested in seeing how mine turned out: http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/...-ride-cymbal-off-of-my-tama-bass-drum.163029/.

Members also posted some good alternatives in my thread, which I wold have considered if I didn't already have the necessary hardware lying around.

UPDATE: The Gibraltar is a fail. The thing is a beast. With 3 separate tubes (not including booms) and 2 giant tube clamps, the thing looks goofy as all get out. Add memory locks and it's a chrome Christmas tree lol. And it weights a ton; much more than separate boom stand. I had expected to only need the middle 1" tube+top tube, but the tom mount on my Premier kick (1990's era XPK made in England) must be 1 1/8". So I need all 3 tubes with the Gibraltar.

What I really need is a 1 1/8" tube with a boom on it. The multiple tube Gibraltar is just way overkill.

I think a few years ago I used an old Tama boom with 1 tube and boom on top of it but I can't find it.

"Chrome Christmas tree"... Well said and I was afraid of that but didn't want to discourage you. You'll get where you need to be but it may not be quick or easy. At this point I'll fall back to my earlier suggestion: pawn shops with a measuring tape.

I do have the tom mount, but honestly it weighs at least 10 pounds. I'd rather use the 1 pound lite stand lol.

A little unorthodox here but have you considered trying a hardware store? Depending on the size/weight of the cymbal in question you could try a piece of copper or aluminum tubing. Heck, I'd fly a splash off pvc lol. I needed really long legs for a short stack floor tom I used with a standing (Slim Jim style) set up and the only ones I could find that were long enough were over $30 PER LEG! So I found 3 long threaded rods the same diameter as the floor tom legs at HD and it cost me less then $10 for all 3.

Last edited:
I have thought of a sleeve of some sorts.

A little unorthodox here but have you considered trying a hardware store? Depending on the size/weight of the cymbal in question you could try a piece of copper or aluminum tubing. Heck, I'd fly a splash off pvc lol. I needed really long legs for a short stack floor tom I used with a standing (Slim Jim style) set up and the only ones I could find that were long enough were over $30 PER LEG! So I found 3 long threaded rods the same diameter as the floor tom legs at HD and it cost me less then $10 for all 3.

I have thought of a sleeve of some sorts.
That may be a great middle ground. Take a single thin, light weight upper section of a boom cymbal stand and guerilla glue a small piece of pvc or copper as a spacer. Rigidity of a metal stand, light weight of a single tube section, but spaced to fit your tom mount.

Any update on this? I'm trying to figure out a 1" tube cymbal arm for the tom mount bracket on my Breakbeats kit.

Back