Need 1 1/8" Boom Cymbal Mount

Rattlin' Bones

Gold Member
I need a 1" boom cymbal mount so I can insert it into the tom mount on my kick drum. The tom mount is 1" diameter. Any guidance or help will be appreciated.

I need a 1" boom cymbal mount so I can insert it into the tom mount on my kick drum. The tom mount is 1" diameter. Any guidance or help will be appreciated.

I ran into this problem years ago when mounting a cymbal in my Tama bass drum tom mount. What I ultimately learned is that drum companies use pretty standard sizes across their drums and hardware so I was able to take the legs off the bottom of a Tama cymbal stand and use that as the bottom/largest section of tubing was the exact diameter as the hole. If you've got a spare stand or two around, spend a few minutes fiddling with different combinations of pipe sections and see if you have one that fits in there.

It ends up working in your favor as you usually have an extra pipe section as far as height (and possibly boom) positioning.

I bought a double cymbal mount for my Gretsch from Gibraltar

The receiver on my kick drum accepts a 1" tube. The actual tom tube my tom hardware down tube is 1". Its a 1990's era Made in UK Premier. The Gibraltar hardware I found is all 7/8".

I was looking for pipe section = 1", not the bottom part with tripod. Sorry.

What we meant by that is bottom sections of cymbal stands where the tripod base attaches are commonly 1" diameter in most "heavy duty" style stands and said tripod base is removable leaving you with a single pipe section of 1" diameter (and no tripod base) that should slide right into your bass drum's tom mount.

So there is no confusion, the two stands I mentioned, both a Yamaha 900 and Sonor 400 have 1" pipes before the tripod section. I use them exactly like you are trying to do, as a cymbal holder in the bass drum tom mount.

I found a Gibraltar No Leg (NL) boom stand that has 3 different tube diameters. One is supposed to be 1". I'll get it this week. Just what Ron Cadillac suggested.

I found a Gibraltar No Leg (NL) boom stand that has 3 different tube diameters. One is supposed to be 1". I'll get it this week. Just what Ron Cadillac suggested.

Awesome, happy that worked out for you! It looks to be a sturdy piece of hardware. I too am a fan of the cymbal in the bass mount, so versatile. I also usually don't use rack toms so having the option to center mount my ride is great.

UPDATE: The Gibraltar is a fail. The thing is a beast. With 3 separate tubes (not including booms) and 2 giant tube clamps, the thing looks goofy as all get out. Add memory locks and it's a chrome Christmas tree lol. And it weights a ton; much more than separate boom stand. I had expected to only need the middle 1" tube+top tube, but the tom mount on my Premier kick (1990's era XPK made in England) must be 1 1/8". So I need all 3 tubes with the Gibraltar.

What I really need is a 1 1/8" tube with a boom on it. The multiple tube Gibraltar is just way overkill.

I think a few years ago I used an old Tama boom with 1 tube and boom on top of it but I can't find it.

Do you have the tom mount? You could insert it upside down and clamp a boom onto that, or you could remove the pin and take the top part of the mount off.

While I’m not sure where to score one, that boom arm for hats would prob do the trick. Model no. 4019-X

1990 Premier Catalog. Bottom right.BC1D4682-F19F-4950-968C-BE0D6029D633.jpeg

Back