Natal Drums?

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
I played 2 sets on setup day at LDS last year. They're well made, & certainly worthy of consideration. Natal have been into latin percussion for decades, & know how to make drums. They're a pretty generic mid range ply shell sound, but that puts them up there with other offerings at a similar price point, & better than most.

Geth_Drummer

I played 2 sets on setup day at LDS last year. They're well made, & certainly worthy of consideration. Natal have been into latin percussion for decades, & know how to make drums. They're a pretty generic mid range ply shell sound, but that puts them up there with other offerings at a similar price point, & better than most.
You by any chance get to play a birch kit?

AirborneSFC

Gold Member
I have seen the birch shell set in white at Thomann. It looks really nice but they don't have it setup to be played on. They are priced well and the quality looks good; I think their birch kit also includes a snare.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/natal_birch_fusion_xwm.htm

Call me crazy but why is it that more manufacturers don't isolate their hardware fully from their shells? On the inside of shells it would take only a rubber grommet of sorts to keep a metal washer from making contact with a wooden shell.

Back on topic....this kit looks really nice:
http://www.thomann.de/gb/natal_ash_traditionalgs.htm

I also like that they come with heads I would play straight out of the box.

zarrdoss

Gold Member
I just got this
IMG_1682 - Copy (800x600).jpg
a 6.5 x 14 limited edition old world bronze snare, and I got it from my local Drum shop for one hell of a price, It sound killer, nice fat crack with body. Sensitive and versatile but it can be loud and cut through just about anything. Its build quality of the shell is on par with the ludwig USA made shells and the lugs look awesome. The throw works great and it well though out. Aqurian heads out of the box but the stock head had an internal muffling ring and it dried it out too much so it has a Remo Coated Ambassador on it and it works great! more in depth review to come.

I love this thing

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
They are making a set for the young beginner called the Pre-Natal. Sorry just had to.

GReat website, NatalDrums.com and they've been around since 1965. Wow.

And I like the proper British.. In America we have dealers, they have Stockists. Lovely.

mikel

Platinum Member
And , even better, they are owned by Marshall, the legendary amplifier company. Also British.

zarrdoss

Gold Member
OK I had a chance to play around with it today and tried different heads and wires, I wound up using an Aquarian power thin texture coated (same as Evans PCRD and a set of Metrix 30 strand wires, it sounds fantastic! A close second was just a regular Aquarian texture coated and Remo Ambassador, same thing basically. I can see where these heads would have their place and might use them for certain situations but I prefer the sound of the current head. This is truly a wonderful snare, I would strongly suggest to give this and Natal drums a look. I took some better photos today so here you go!

IMG_0921.JPG

IMG_0923.JPG

IMG_0925.JPG

IMG_0926.JPG

makinao

Silver Member
Reviving an old thread instead of starting a new one.

I'm on the waiting list for a mint Pearl Sensitone Elite Brass 14x6.5, but saw an equally mint Natal Old World Bronze snare (like Zarrdoss's above)
for the equivalent of US$270. Is this in the same league as the Sensitone?