Nashville's home recording ban

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
Never mind the system...I’d just be happy to see that enforcement officer’s life ruined. You don’t make someone take down their YouTube channel because of zoning restrictions. He or she deserves to go be homeless under a bridge for their rest of their life.

I’m for real. Maybe it’s against board rules, but...you have to draw the line SOMEwhere...and my concern is that someone who would do that simply can’t be communicated with. They might as well be on another planet, where good judgment is nonexistent.
Look around. We live in the land of rat on your neighbor, don't talk to anyone, imprision those we don't like. Yet everyone wants to be treated fairly without exception.

If people would just mind thier own business, realize there are other people on the planet, and just shut up there wouldn't be all of these stupid issues that waste people's time and money.

There was a part of the article that talked about what you can and can't do in your own home (another problem in itself). No large deliveries was one of them. What if I bought a new fridge, piece of furniture, or a hot tub? I don't own a truck. Or will that be a legal requirement?

Stuff like this is ridiculous. Everyone who wanted big brother, and more security so you will feel safer, here you go. Pretty soon you won't even be able to decide what you want to eat for dinner. It will be outlined by Congress, snuck into a house spending bill, and be passed just so a bunch of old, overpaid, out of touch, rich people can do what they want by financially crippling or imprisoning the rest of us. Sounds like a party.

Push pull stroke

Platinum Member
We don’t discuss politics here. Which is why I suggested we look into a nationwide coordinated ruining of this enforcement officer’s life. The busybodies that report this stuff are at least not on the payroll. The enforcement officer IS. They are paid by our tax money. I say we boycott every business with a presence in Nashville until this officer is fired, and keep the boycotts up until they live under a bridge.
I’m only sort of joking

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Look around. We live in the land of rat on your neighbor, don't talk to anyone, imprision those we don't like. Yet everyone wants to be treated fairly without exception.

If people would just mind thier own business, realize there are other people on the planet, and just shut up there wouldn't be all of these stupid issues that waste people's time and money.

There was a part of the article that talked about what you can and can't do in your own home (another problem in itself). No large deliveries was one of them. What if I bought a new fridge, piece of furniture, or a hot tub? I don't own a truck. Or will that be a legal requirement?

Stuff like this is ridiculous. Everyone who wanted big brother, and more security so you will feel safer, here you go. Pretty soon you won't even be able to decide what you want to eat for dinner. It will be outlined by Congress, snuck into a house spending bill, and be passed just so a bunch of old, overpaid, out of touch, rich people can do what they want by financially crippling or imprisoning the rest of us. Sounds like a party.
Mr Polack I've joined two neighborhood association web sites only to close them down shortly just cause all the nosy neighbors and drama that I was clueless and quite happy or strange and crazy goings on. One particular recent incident on the site where one fella got pissed (over some thread his wife was on) and went over to this other fellas house cussing him out and telling him he'd been living here "ten years" and blah blah blah threatening and yelling like a lunatic. The home owner told him to leave and the fellas rushed his door where he and his wife had to force close it. Now the idiots wife had been posting she'd been living here "ten years" so didn't take a rocket scientist for the fella to figure out who to call the police on-which turns out the fella was a police and if he had been carrying could have legally shot the fella for his erratic and threatening behavior if he entered his home. All over complaining about nothing really as I recollect. I hate discovering my neighbors are crazy-like finding old classmates on Facebook you friend them think everything is alright then suddenly realize oh chips what have I done.
The "forcing him to close her personal Youtube account" seems a legal challenge he could win? I can't believe that but then again.

Push pull stroke

Platinum Member
See, it’s not about the legal fight to reopen the YouTube account. It’s about ruining the officer’s life so bad that government jackasses everywhere stop overreaching their power. The government will never reign itself in. A massive boycott sure will, though.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
I wonder whose pockets these cities that support such nonsense are digging in. Everything always comes down to money. Who is this benefiting?
Yeah I wonder that too. Sometimes it's good intentions (just demonstrating the road to hell is paved with good intentions) or as you mentioned someone/group favored. And favoritism happens a lot. Seems a narrowly defined sort of policy with no exceptions is just asking for problems because there always seems some reasonable exceptions (sort of the nature of life). The nature of "government" (at any level and not being political) isn't really geared nor any good at problem solving is the sad truth so this sort of nonsense is common for one reason or another.

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
One really great weapon I picked up along the way is this: Anytime anyone accuses you of anything...the burden of proof is on them to PROVE JURISDICTION. Statutes shouldn't be followed blindly. Statutes may be followed after jurisdiction is proved. But until jurisdiction is proven, don't do a thing. Make them work to prove that they have power over you before submitting. The accused has to push for that from Jump Street. Not even defending what you are doing, not even going there. Go right for the throat and make them prove jurisdiction. If they can't...it's game over. This worked for me on a traffic ticket in traffic court about a year ago. People automatically think the court has jurisdiction. They don't. But it MUST be called out. The whole court system relies on people not challenging their jurisdiction. The YT thing is laughable. He has absolutely no jurisdiction to force removal of a YT site.

Last edited:

opentune

Platinum Member
I'd like to think people realize that municipal zoning is a good thing. But if this person has any history of paying taxes/permits for their home business, its no contest. He will win in court. Strange, this is such 'small potatoes' for a huge city of Nashville to pursue and I can only wonder if its a personal vendetta

KamaK

Platinum Member
I'm sure the Morlocks will do the same thing they did with blank CDRs and cassettes... Just add an extra tax to every microphone and cable sold under the guise of offsetting the industrio-extinction-level damages these rampant pirates are causing.

While were at it, we should get ASCAP to start pulling over cars with loud stereos.

Ain't no sarcasm like libertarian sarcasm.

Last edited: