NAMM Show 2016 - rumors, expectations, gigs...

Skrivarna

I couldn't find a thread for what to expect from the NAMM show in January. So please add your rumors here, what gigs that are announced, which booths to keep an eye on...

I'll be there from late Wednesday to Saturday; so three days at the show which I'm really looking forward to.

PorkPieGuy

Platinum Member
A friend of mine who is a sales rep for Pearl says they have some pretty cool and exciting things coming up this year. I have no details though...

StaggerLee

Silver Member
hoping that natal appear to they can get more recognition outside uk. currently they offer the best mid range kits on the market in the UK with the best price range. £299 for a really nice kit is damn fine.

M

Matt Bo Eder

Don't Natal usually host a NAMM Bonzo Bash jam fest?
They did that one year. Not sure if they do it every year as I heard they were actually going to have a set of Ludwigs for the next Bonzo Bash.

There is a Canadian Zeppelin night, and Greg Mendoza had them using a Geo. Way kit last year.

I personally go for the RV display, and there's also a bridal wing for the latest in wedding fashions ;)

drummergirlgina

I couldn't find a thread for what to expect from the NAMM show in January. So please add your rumors here, what gigs that are announced, which booths to keep an eye on...

I'll be there from late Wednesday to Saturday; so three days at the show which I'm really looking forward to.
@Skrivarna: I'll be playing a show with "Delphi Freeman" of San Francisco on Center Stage, between Hall 'B' & Hall 'C' on Sunday, 24th at noon. Hope to meet you! There is an App that you can download for NAMM that you can set alarms for and reminders for events that you want to see.

Best Regards,

"G"
http://internationalmusician.org/teen-launches-professional-drumming-career/

DrumEatDrum

Platinum Member
Don't Natal usually host a NAMM Bonzo Bash jam fest?
No.

The Bonzo Bash is put together by Brian Tichy.

Tichy was a Natal endorser for a period of time, so Natal name was prominent at the events during that time.

Tichy is no longer a Natal endorser.

And the Bonzo Bash was never an official NAMM event. The first few events were held far away from NAMM at a different time of year.

But the event was moved to be held at the time of NAMM, at a venue near NAMM, because that is when the most name drummers are already in town.

Anyhow, Bonzo Bash is happening again, but this time on Friday instead of Thursday, with a Rush event on Thursday:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1t69raxvQRLPma9GsXW5IHSRbrax_Jxj7_bE8TET0Few/edit

I like Tichy, and I've had a lot of fun at past Bonzo Bash events, but at this point, I'm pretty much over it.

Last edited:

RobertM

Platinum Member
NAMM 2016 Drum Gear?

In case the thread hasn't been started yet. Any news or rumors about new drum gear for upcoming NAMM?

- Yamaha should be introducing the revamped Recording Customs (finally)
- Ludwig is supposed to have new Classic Maple finishes (which may include "Pink Gloss" lacquer--actually looks nice)
- Tama may have new drums or snares?

Les Ismore

Platinum Member
Re: NAMM 2016 Drum Gear?

Who knows...

Looking forward to see what they've brewed over these last years.
RC, Hmmmm, what could they do with them really, clear interiors? Maybe timber matched sets (?) They've got the shell bank to pull it off.

MusiQmaN

Platinum Member
Re: NAMM 2016 Drum Gear?

RC, Hmmmm, what could they do with them really, clear interiors? Maybe timber matched sets (?) They've got the shell bank to pull it off.
From the video I can see already some upgraded & new stuff.

Can't wait for the release.

-update-

Welcome to your private virtual audience with Dr. Steve Gadd at this year´s NAMM. As Steve is unable to attend NAMM this year, Yamaha Drums & Immersive VR Ltd have produced the next best thing – a multi-point-of-view 360 degree virtual reality experience of Steve playing the brand new 2016 Yamaha Recording Custom.

Visitors to the Yamaha stand will be in for a ‘mixed reality’, first-of-its-kind experience.

Firstly they will be able to see the new kit in person and then will be transported into the studio to experience Steve putting the new Yamaha kit through its paces.

With high fidelity real-time audio of the performance played through Yamaha Headphones, every user will be totally immersed in the studio environment – experiencing the tonal quality of the kit, as well as Steve’s unique style and technique.

The cutting-edge technology allows users to look around freely within the environment and enjoy the performance up close from six different points of view.

So while Steve Gadd won’t be physically at NAMM 2016, he’ll be there virtually – giving every visitor to the Yamaha stand a virtually private performance. Until then, check here for our first online sneak preview of the Recording Custom and Steve Gadd: ➤https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35I70ZgeZeI

We hope to see you there!

#yamahadrums

Last edited: