NAMM 2010 Mapex Booth

Cottontop

The finishes look pretty nice but on a lot of the pictures i cant tell if its an orion or a saturn set

azrae1l

Silver Member
that really sucks, all those bad ass finishes and their all either meridian or orion. they posted all the new finishes on mapex's site but other then i think 2 metalic glitters on the saturns all the bursts were on orion and the the rest were meridian. i was really liking that imperial burst and the teal burst but alass the orions are a bit out of my price range....

shrink

Just as with the conway customs, and the yamaha PHX.. im loving that teal burst. Seems a popular colour combination at the moment, and its one i really like.

alparrott

Platinum Member
I have always admired Mapex's finishes, and this year is no exception. I just wish they could do something to tone down those huge, unsightly rectangular badges and the sheer size of their mounting hardware. The combined look just isn't a turnon at all, and I wouldn't think I'm alone in this.

N

nhzoso

WOW, love the Champagne glitter Saturn. I love all things Mapex including the Badges, they are a work of art by themselves actually. I am definetly sure I am not alone on that either : )

S

sufc.loyal

No you are not alone.

I have Mapex Saturns 10x8 12x9 16x16 22x18 and 14x5.5.

Blue sparkle, and i love my drums.

TF.

Filacterua

In over 20 yrs of drumming, Mapex is in my top 3 of the nicest kits I've played. Orion is quite simply a phenomenal drum. The Black Panther snare line is also aces.

Kudos for the Mapex folks...