Name the Brand of Your Drum Kit

My current kits are almost all Ludwig from various eras and include Vistalites, Classic Maple, '50/60/70s 3-ply mahogany and 3-ply maple, '70s 6-ply, '40s Victory series, Keystone, Legacy Maple, Signet, and Neusonic (which are going on tour in 2 weeks!)

I started on Ludwig in the sixties and most drummers associate me with the brand even while I was an Impact endorser for over 20 years! But I've only been a Ludwig artist since 2006.

Right now my kits are Yamaha, Yamaha, Yamaha, and Yamaha. But after Easter I'm going to sell the Yamaha and the Yamaha, leaving me with just Yamaha and Yamaha. A friend offered to buy the Yamaha a few months ago but he's admitted now that he can't afford it. So that's one of the Yamahas that I'm selling. I'm also going to be selling another Yamaha because this weekend I bought a Yamaha kit and I need to sell the Yamaha to pay for it.

BTW, the above is literally true. AHM and RC are keepers; SC was sold but then backed out on, and Hip Gig Jr and SC will be for sale soon.

So how's the Yamaha working out for you?

Similar to the Yamaha?.......or different?

So how's the Yamaha working out for you?

Similar to the Yamaha?.......or different?

They're all more similar than you'd think. I put Evans UV1 or 2 heads on all the drums and I'll tell you-- everything just sounds great. They do all sound somewhat different, with the AHMs and RCs offering up somewhat different tones. I don't want to talk about how good certain Yamaha drums are because, you know, some people get their panties in a bunch if you even say the name of those ubiquitous and beloved mid-tier kits.

PDP, DW 4 piece shell kits
Yamaha, PorkPie, Ludwig snares

New kit comin’ tomorrow….
Gretsch Renown (1u2d 4 piece)
w/Brooklyn Steel snare

PDP, DW 4 piece shell kits
Yamaha, PorkPie, Ludwig snares

New kit comin’ tomorrow….
Gretsch Renown (1u2d 4 piece)
w/Brooklyn Steel snare
You won't be sorry about the Gretsch renown that's what I play on and I absolutely love it! Congrats!

Drummer_D

Tama_Logo_Reduced.pngTAMA_10_TOM.jpg

I think I might be becoming a TAMA Fanboi. A thing that I, one year ago, would never have expected.

Don’t forget Corder Bermuda .

Oh, there have been a few brands that went through my hands....

Sonor, Yamaha, Gretsch, Tama, Slingerland, Impact, Premier, Staccato, North, Whitehall, Corder, Blaemire, and additional Ludwigs beyond my current arsenal.

Oh, there have been a few brands that went through my hands....

Sonor, Yamaha, Gretsch, Tama, Slingerland, Impact, Premier, Staccato, North, Whitehall, Corder, Blaemire, and additional Ludwigs beyond my current arsenal.
Bermuda, all I can say is wow, wow, wow! Do you have a favorite that you use now when you're on tour?

Drummer_D

Do you have a favorite that you use now when you're on tour?
I've been using Classic Maple and Keystone (now Classic Oak) since 2007 but will be taking the Neusonics on tour this year. It's a newer cherry/maple thin shell for Ludwig and the toms sound great.

I've been using Classic Maple and Keystone (now Classic Oak) since 2007 but will be taking the Neusonics on tour this year. It's a newer cherry/maple thin shell for Ludwig and the toms sound great.
I'm definitely a fan of Ludwig... my dad owned a blue and white pearl drum kit and I know a lot of the big band drummers used it!

Below is a picture of my dad's Ludwig drum kit and I am standing on the right with the necklace on. Two years ago my cousin who is also a drummer has five kits and also purchased my father's kit and is going to have it restored.

Drummer_DJoey, Sissi, Donna & Baby Gigi on Drums(1).jpg

Back