Name of a drum beat/rudiment....

BacteriumFendYoke

Platinum Member
I didn't ban you. The moderators did. The issue is that whilst I am certainly abrasive sometimes (there is no question of that) I don't go around deliberately insulting other members without provocation. You set yourself up to fail here after about a half-dozen posts the first time around and re-registering isn't going to keep you here either.

A

Anthony Amodeo

The only ego here is yours. You talk like you're god's gift to drums and you talk down to other people's opinions because they aren't your own. It's arrogant and you're completely blind to it. You might have the support of other forum member because you have contributed longer but in the end that doesn't save you from being an arrogant ego maniac. Maybe try and work on that? That seems fair. That is a suggestion. I'm trying to be helpful with something you seem to struggle with.

I'd take the time to point out examples for you because you will knee jerk it and deny it but ill be banned again before I get an opportunity. That's fine though. Contrary to what others might think or have perceived, I was making a point that I don't like it when people think they are ignorant for asking ANY question. Dumb or smart. Ignorance is only shown in the person who refuses to answer the question because they think it is a dumb question. What is so wrong with that? Seriously? Do I need a special hat to say that and not get banned? What part of that question is egocentric? Sounds awfully fair to me.

You can win with your watchmen friends but know that your throne isn't on top of a mountain, it's on an imaginary entity thanks to the Internet.

Defending someone who thinks they are dumb in asking a question....and you get mad over me not contributing. What a crock.
silly little man

I am so sorry about whatever is going on in your life and I hope it all works out

I very sorry that you cannot handle being told you are incorrect

therapy is a positive thing sometimes

internet emotions are funny

Odd-Arne Oseberg

Platinum Member
Wait a minute. He can't be God's gift to drumming.I am. :)

I think the real question is simply. If you hate this place so much, why do you stay? There must be other things you can do with your time.

Like TVs who you can both turn off and switch the channel on, internet forums is hardly anything that's forced on you.

This is a place for sharing knowledge about drummers and drumming. There's noone hanging over your shoulders telling you what to do or think. That's the beauty of the internet. You take what you want, find useful that resonates with you and there are no real consequences for discarding the rest.

A

Anthony Amodeo

Wait a minute. He can't be God's gift to drumming.I am. :)

I think the real question is simply. If you hate this place so much, why do you stay? There must be other things you can do with your time.

Like TVs who you can both turn off and switch the channel on, internet forums is hardly anything that's forced on you.

This is a place for sharing knowledge about drummers and drumming. There's noone hanging over your shoulders telling you what to do or think. That's the beauty of the internet. You take what you want, find useful that resonates with you and there are no real consequences for discarding the rest.
yr wasting your time

logic like this goes right over this cats head

NUTHA JASON

Senior Administrator
and back to the original topic.
Name of a drum beat/rudiment....

i'd like to ask a question: why do you want to know the name squadleader? are you teaching it? is it just curiosity?

i'm not sure about this but i would guess that about 90% of what we drummers do on our kits cannot be named (although perhaps described in a long sentence or paragraph - kind of like your original desctiption).

every now and then you run into a named beat:
mersey beat
cissy strut
train beat
amen brother beat

or you find a fill that has a recognized name:
pat boon debbie boon
fruit of the loom
bucket of chicken

or chop or hybrid rudiment:
padudah
book report
shirley murphy.

but most of the time it would have to be a sentence like:
that beat that was used in lambamba (you know the mersey beat with some toms)
that beat mick fleetwood used in tusk
that beat that is a typical jazz spangalang but the comping pattern is a 3:2 son clave.

what is in a name - that which we call a rose would smell as sweet etc...
j

topgun2021

Gold Member
If you are doing single strokes, I would just call it single stroke roll around the drum set.

Same for Buzz, Double, and French roll.