Mystery snare

KenDoken

Work has started on the 14x5.5 steam bent cherry shell recently acquired. The drum has been lacquered and waxed and is looking handsome

IMG_20220726_103053915.jpg
Next step will be bearing edges and drilling for lugs. This will happen once I have lugs to fit

This is going to be cool. Any idea yet on type of lugs and hardware you want to use?

Work has started on the 14x5.5 steam bent cherry shell recently acquired. The drum has been lacquered and waxed and is looking handsome

View attachment 122153
Next step will be bearing edges and drilling for lugs. This will happen once I have lugs to fit
Get a Pearl free floater chassis.
Cut one bearing edge and you're done.

I like that! Premiere die cast rims and an INDe strainer. The mystery badge is cool, too. Nice work. Hope you end up liking it.

Good looking drum, nice hardware, great badge.

I hope you like it, but if you don't I'd give it a try. :D

After gigging with it, I'm more than happy with the drum. Tricky function as lots of hard surfaces and lots of chatter but it help up well
IMG_20221001_182517825_HDR.jpg
The drum is quite aggressive without being harsh. The snares sang along to the 12" but didn't with the floor tom or bass drum so should be able to tune out. Happiness

After gigging with it, I'm more than happy with the drum. Tricky function as lots of hard surfaces and lots of chatter but it help up well
View attachment 125002
The drum is quite aggressive without being harsh. The snares sang along to the 12" but didn't with the floor tom or bass drum so should be able to tune out. Happiness
Excellent. Enjoy. :)

Back