My Zildjian Low Volume Cymbals Demo

drumdevil9

Platinum Member
I just bought the Zildjian L80 cymbals and thought I'd shoot a short video demo. The "if you're not interested in drum stuff" comment is because I also put it on Facebook. Obviously you guys are interested in drum stuff.

These cymbals are awesome and are a godsend to us apartment dwellers.

https://youtu.be/4pwdZZD8Vt8

Last edited:

Mediocrefunkybeat

Platinum Member
I just bought the Zildjian L80 cymbals and thought I'd shoot a short video demo. The "if you don't care about drum stuff" comment is because I also put it on Facebook. Obviously you guys care about drum stuff.

These cymbals are awesome and are a godsend to us apartment dwellers.

https://youtu.be/4pwdZZD8Vt8

Tried them out at the London Drum Show in 2015, thought they were fantastic for what they were. Felt like real cymbals, sounded good enough for the purpose they were serving and were around an 80% volume reduction. Agreed on all fronts.

drumdevil9

Platinum Member
Since I just bought the ride/hats combo it was $220. The 13 hats, 14 crash, 18" ride set was $280. But I live in Canada so they're probably a little more up here. Not cheap but they make the practice experience much better.

newoldie

Silver Member
My LV cymbal set- practice life saver.

Use them all the time (18 Ride/14 hi hats/2-16 crashes)

My only gripe is the rebound quality is a bit stiffer/harsher than a real cymbal and it sometimes can bother my hands if I play for long periods.

But well worth the minor hassle as I need the basic sound/feel they provide.

drumdevil9

Platinum Member
I haven't played them for long periods yet but I'll keep that in mind.

They are easily the best solution yet for lower volume practice. They are by no means quiet. I'm sure my neighbors can hear them because the stick impact is on a hard surface but there is very little sustain and no buildup. I compared by playing a little on the normal crash on the right and it's night and day. After playing on the L80 the normal cymbal seemed deafening.

drumdevil9

Platinum Member
The holes are the perfect size for rivets BTW. I just put 2 in the ride and it sizzles great!

ineedaclutch

Platinum Member
I just ordered the 20" ride on Amazon Prime for $78. They are $150 everywhere.

Cheungman

I just ordered the 20" ride on Amazon Prime for $78. They are $150 everywhere.

Thanks for the heads up just grabbed it as well, must be a pricing error. Either way I've been considering investing in a set, just need to find a pricing error on the hats now.

Cheungman

I see a pair on ebay but they seem to be the retail pricing. Although I can't seem to find a store front that sells them individually.

Stroman

Platinum Member
Those sounded better than I would have expected. Tasty playing, too! Thanks for sharing. :)