My tattoo idea. Comments Please!

drumeyers13

I have been wanting a drum related tattoo since I got my first tattoo in February. My idea is to get a paradiddle, staff and 4/4 time signature included around my bicep.

I think this is pretty cool idea that I haven't seen/heard anyone do before. I plan on getting it around November or something.

-Thanks folks.

That's a great idea on paper, but this is your body. Wait this out a year or two, if you still really want it, go for it.

Nothing is worse than regretting a tattoo.

A suggestion for the tattoo itself. Try and simplify it, make it more vague. Something detailed and right to the point isn't the meaning of a tattoo. Anyone viewing it should have to think about what it means. Example: A human skull laying in a cemetery with RLRR LRLL still floating out of the skull (your skull). Be symbolic.

Honest? Really honest?? I think you are going to hate you tattoo in , lets say...about 3 years from now.

Not that i want to discourage you from doing what you wanna do, but since you asked..I thing its a terrible idea.

I have 12 tattoo's Got the first when I was 21. I love all of mine but spent months planning and thinking about each, stuff that would trigger conversation and represent aspects of my life. I like your idea, and have planned one, something musical for awhile now but still a ways away. I made sure mine would be ones I enjoyed for the rest of my life, so when you get it, make sure it's something you will always be proud to show off.

How about a slew of Wilcoxson snare solos circling around your arm, starting from your wrist and ending up in your shoulder? You'd always have some challenging reading material if the craving becomes too great.

How about just a percussion clef? That would be very ambiguous...

One thing.

Walk into Starbucks, staff loaded with tattoos and piercings.

Walk into a bank, lawyer's office, doctor's office, or a brokerage--not so much.

What would you like to do for the rest of your life?

One thing.

Walk into a bank, lawyer's office, doctor's office, or a brokerage--not so much.

Very true, but neither of those occupations allow sleeveless shirts. You would be surprised how many "professional" people have tattoos.

Never get a tattoo on the forearm or leg, unless you've got a job you're going to keep forever.

Very true, but neither of those occupations allow sleeveless shirts. You would be surprised how many "professional" people have tattoos.

Never get a tattoo on the forearm or leg, unless you've got a job you're going to keep forever.

My brother is a profesional in the medical field, and a semi-pro jazz drummer, and has appx 15 tattoo's including an awesome back piece incorprating his Tama set.

Yeah, I really think it matters less and less these days what you look like in terms of a profession. Take me for example. I have this sick dragon tattooed on my face and I fly for United LOL!

Seriously though, everyone has tattoos these days, its not that big a deal unless you really have something horrible, like a swastika on your forehead or something.

Here's mine

Photo123.jpg

I have been wanting a drum related tattoo since I got my first tattoo in February. My idea is to get a paradiddle, staff and 4/4 time signature included around my bicep.

I think this is pretty cool idea that I haven't seen/heard anyone do before. I plan on getting it around November or something.

-Thanks folks.

SingleParadiddle.jpg

Something like this. I want it to be kinda simple, not real flashy.

Also, I'd get the RLRR LRLL Below it, not above.

I saw and read that david grohl has a led zepellin john bonham logo on his wrist. you know the one with three circles all bunched up.

So really you can do something like that, getting a tattoo of something or someone that represents you were influenced by them greatly, as it did for david grohl when he played drums for nirvana, he looked up to john bonham.

But if you do something like this, make sure the person you are representing on yourself is dead lol, you don't want a lars ulrich or neil pert tattoo, it would be kinda weird...

It seems like an original idea, but one you would probably not enjoy too much later on. Idk, thats just me though.

Paradiddle seems a bit boring, why not a ratamacue or a flam drag?

Also I don't think it would look good on a staff, it would look better as just a single bar without the staff (like how they have it on the PAS site).

One thing.

Objectively, I know any particular body modification is no better or worse than any other. Orthodontics, like sticking wooden plates in your lips like the Ubangis, is just a way to make your mouth conform to what a certain culture thinks looks good. Silicone implants are more invasive and dangerous that tattoos or piercings.

But I have my prejudices. I think tattoos and piercings make people look bad, and I say this as someone who has spent several thousand dollars on orthodontics (my own body modification). I have a white-collar job and I would never, ever get a tattoo of any kind.

I advise drumeyers13 to find some other way of broadcasting his interest in music to other people. How about a drumming necktie? You can always take it off when you want.

Last edited:
One thing.

Ha! Getting a tattoo dictates your job?

That sounds pretty cool, I been thinking of getting one myself but am having a hard time thinking of something that I really want. Have you drawn it out yet? If so post it here, when some people get off their soapbox I am sure they will let you know if it looks good or not.

Nothing wrong with tattoo's as long as they are not on your face or neck. I don't agree but thats just the way society works.

Dude whatever you do do not get a drumming necktie.. talk about low class...ugggg

One thing.

I am a culinary arts/Hospitally management major. I plan on getting into the culinary industry.

I worked For Time Warner for a while as a door-to-door cable salesman and visible tattoos were a no-no. Our basic uniform was short sleeved polos, gets hot here in the summer, and one lad was wearing a long sleeve shirt underneath to hide his arm tats. He didn't stay around long. I like my artwork in frames on walls.

Back