My Tama Starclassic B/B's

petrez

Hi! It's been a while since I've been on this forum, thought I should stop by some more, at least introduce some of my gear, Now, at the moment I've got 2 kits, both Tama. I might show some pictures of the other kit later on, a Tama Superstar doublebass kit.

At least, here is what I consider to be my main kit at the moment:
Tama Starclassic B/B in Blue Galaxy Fade
2x 22x18", 10x8", 12x9", 13x10", 14x14", 16x16", 18x16"
13x6" Mapex Black Panther Maple snare in Transp. Gloss Black

Cymbals:
Hi-hats: 14" Meinl Byzance Heavy, 14" Meinl Mb20 Heavy SW
Ride: 22" 2oo2 Rock Bell Ride
Crash: 16" Meinl Mb20 Heavy Crash, 18" Meinl Mb20 Heavy Crash, 18" Meinl Mb20 Medium Heavy Crash
China: 18" Paiste Rude China, 21" Paiste 2oo2 Wild China
Splash: 8" Meinl Mb10, 10" Meinl Byzance
+ 12" Paiste Sign. Flanger Bell

Hardware:
Trick Pro V-1 pedals, Pearl Elim. hi-hat st., Gibraltar Road Series Rack, Tama/Pearl cymbalholders, Tama Wide-Rider throne.

img0642jw2.jpg

img0629ic0.jpg

img0674nj0.jpg

img0640md9.jpg

img0645us3.jpg

img0657up1.jpg

img0661sm7.jpg

img0676ou1.jpg

img0639pq1.jpg

img0636ba4.jpg

img0655xy0.jpg

img0646rg4.jpg

img0651vx8.jpg

img0637kf7.jpg

img0625ej4.jpg

img0630lq3.jpg

img0641di1.jpg

Last edited:
Allright then, I'll post a couple of pics of my Superstar kit as well

Attachments

• IMG_0547.JPG
    IMG_0547.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 5,405
  • IMG_0549.JPG
    IMG_0549.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 1,920
Last edited:
Hey Petrez, I really like your Starclassic B/B kit. Blue Galaxy fade, Sweet !!!! Mega set up. You must be into metal. How does it sound compared to the straight bubinga Kit.? Rock On Man !

frank0072: Thanks! I play mostly metal (heavy/thrash/progressive) with my two bands. On my own I practice a lot of different stuff though, but I'm a metalhead at heart :)

Crusto: Thanks man! The B/B sounds awesome in my ears, not that big difference compared to the Bubinga, maybe a bit more clear sound in the smaller racktoms due to the birch plies. In the floortoms I don't hear to much of a difference to be honest, so these drums really are a lot of drums for the money. That is also one of the reasons I decided to sell the Bubingas. The B/B is in my preferable setup, I like the finish better, and as said, soundwise they really don't suffer all that much in comparison.It may sound like a bad decision to some, but considering the fact that my father owns a SC Bubinga kit, I'm able to borrow if for studio sessions, if needed at all.

That's quite the setup, and I'm truly jealous of the burst finish on your other kit.

Nice choice of pedals as well. Nice MOP poster. Nice socks.

Impressive stuff. Great drums, great setup. I love the rock bell ride. Nice cymbals all around the kits.

Thanks again :). The cymbals on the kits are the same though, I have to swap them around. The Superstar kit is now placed at my band's practice area, one hour drive from here. The B/B is at home where I also practice with my second band. The Bubinga is tucked away for the moment, waiting for the best bid...

Unless I get a sudden change of heart and sell the Superstar kit instead... But I do think it's great with a somewhat cheaper kit though, I don't hesitate at all taking it to small, unprotected gigs, and it's easier for me to let other drummers borrow it. At the same time, they sound good with nice heads so... Yeah. At the moment, the Bubinga kit is the one I don't feel the need for.

So what bands are you in then? presumably pretty famous stuff :p

That is just an amazing collection of drums. I really like them, that's quite interesting advice on the drums too, maybe i'll think about that when i'm a rich rockstar like you ;)

Thanks again! My bands aren't really big at the moment, we're slowly working us up right now. Just finished recording our first album, probably out in January (http://www.myspace.com/mecalimb and http://www.myspace.com/rampagerband). The last band is looking for a new vocalist (if you listen, you'll probably hear why...), so we're not really going anywhere at the moment.

Oh well, I'm a gearhead either way :p . Don't need to play in the big league to own nice equipment...

Thanks again! My bands aren't really big at the moment, we're slowly working us up right now. Just finished recording our first album, probably out in January (http://www.myspace.com/mecalimb and http://www.myspace.com/rampagerband). The last band is looking for a new vocalist (if you listen, you'll probably hear why...), so we're not really going anywhere at the moment.

Oh well, I'm a gearhead either way :p . Don't need to play in the big league to own nice equipment...

guess so haha i'd be your new singer if i lived in norway :p Metaclimb sound really good don't be surprised if i buy your album.

Beautiful looking kits you have there!!!!

Very nice indeed!!!

Thanks! :)

Next thing on my list to get is probably an expansion side to the Gibraltar rack, and a new crash (Soundcaster Custom Powerful).

OH MY SWEET JESUS.
You would not believe how much I envy you right now.

Except for the fact you got Meinl & Trick and the blue, we almost have the same kit set up.

Kit buddies =D

And, I really actually like both of your bands.
Your drumming is pretty sick, too.

Back