My Suitcase Kit

acsunda

So I'm sure this isn't the first nor will it be the last suitcase kit on here, but here's a project I've been tinkering with for the last year or two. Originally I envisioned just a two-piece, snare and bass, but I couldn't resist building on to it. The 8" tom is unbranded, picked up on eBay for $20, the floor tom is an old 13" Ludwig Rocker tom I added some legs to. Still need to wrap it to match. The suitcase has a 16" floor tom (cut off just below the lugs) installed in it, and I have an Evans EMAD on it. Without muffling, it has a surprisingly loud boom. I drew that rooster on the bass drum because I've been looking at a lot of eastern European folk art lately (I'm Czechoslovakian on my dad's side), and I thought looked cool. IMG_6859.JPGIMG_6861.JPG

Push pull stroke

Platinum Member
I love the rooster. I like that you’re including some visual art of your own creation.

I’d have gone with an 18” for the extra low end, but I realize some venues are so small that a 16 is all you need.

acsunda

I love the rooster. I like that you’re including some visual art of your own creation.

I’d have gone with an 18” for the extra low end, but I realize some venues are so small that a 16 is all you need.
Actually, it was the suitcase which determined the 16" tom. I loved the suitcase when I found it, and a 16" is the biggest it could take.