My SQ2 order...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stroker

Platinum Member
As of last Friday my kit was drilled and awaiting hardware.

Karl Menzel, was aiming for an end of month timeframe as to having the kit fully ready, in a container, and on it's way to me. May be slightly delayed.

Nevertheless, here is a picture of the shells standing proud two weeks ago.

African Marble in high-gloss finish.

Pending updated pictures with kit complete, I'll post another pic or two in the coming days.

1604096084376.png

Don't expect the "drums are drums" crew to be kind. Should be a beautiful kit. ;)
Thanks for the heads-up, DV!

With a few heavy hitters as yourself behind me, we'll keep the wolves at bay.

Have to say I'm pumped, and that's putting it mildly.

Being able to put together a kit from scratch and configure it one drum at a time, then see it come together is the best.

Karl Menzel, was aiming for an end of month timeframe as to having the kit fully ready, in a container, and on it's way to me. May be slightly delayed.

Pending updated pictures with kit complete, I'll post another pic or two in the coming days.

View attachment 97481
That grain is killer! What sizes did you order? Also, I didn’t know Sonor would send pics of the build progress. I’m a fan of that!

That grain is killer! What sizes did you order? Also, I didn’t know Sonor would send pics of the build progress. I’m a fan of that!
It truly is, Inc.

2 Bass Drums... 22x14 - 24x16
6 Rack Toms... 8x7 - 10x8 - 12x9 - 13x10 - 14x11 - 15x12
2 Floor Toms... 16x16 - 18x18
1 Gong Drum... 20x15

I'm not aware of Sonor's policy regarding progress pictures, however, to that all I can say is, Karl Menzel, has been nothing short of outstanding to deal with.

View attachment 97481

Good to hear from you, Stroker. It's been a while. Best of luck with the kit's gestation.

2 Bass Drums... 22x14 - 24x16
6 Rack Toms... 8x7 - 10x8 - 12x9 - 13x10 - 14x11 - 15x12
2 Floor Toms... 16x16 - 18x18
1 Gong Drum... 20x15
Excellent finish!

Are you going with a rack setup for all those toms?

Excellent finish!

Are you going with a rack setup for all those toms?
Many thanks CB.

Indeed I am, I have decided on a DW rack system and am currently working on finalizing the order as we speak.

For the gong drum I have decided on two DW 9991 single-arm tom stands rather than relying on the rack to position.

That kit is gonna look amazing. Can't wait to see the finished product.

What are the specs on the shells? (Wood type and shell thickness) You may have told us months ago but I can't remember, haha.
I'm with you on seeing all in full-colour.

The kit is all birch, bass drums are heavy, rack toms (8x7 and 10x8 are thin), rack toms (12x9 - 13x10 - 14x11 are medium), rack tom (15x12 is heavy), as are the floor toms and gong drum.

I'm guessing that's a good thing. :ROFLMAO:
sorry i forget that not everyone is a brit and most wont get british slang terms xD.

yeah, it means its incredibly good looking! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back