My SQ2 order...

Stroker

Platinum Member
With a kit like this, you truly won’t need anything else. Congratulations in advance! Best finish they make and I agree that for that investment, they better not be Alpi. I have an African marble snare, but will have to live vicariously through you for the rest of the kit. View attachment 97524
Many thanks, Steady!

Thumbs-up to all you mentioned.

Wow, that snare drum is a dream!

Stroker

Platinum Member
Does the pattern on the bass drum hoops match the drum shell so that the pattern goes from front to back?? I can really tell from the photo.
An excellent question, Johnny, and one I have no answer for at this time.

My apologies for the poor picture, however, once all is settled, I'll bang off a few quality pictures and do a full review on the kit, and, relay my findings related to how well the hoops match-up with the grain of the shells.

Stroker

Platinum Member
Just absolutely gorgeous. Your significant other might be jealous! I'll bet that dust won't have the audacity to settle on them. If they sound as good as they look, you're a lucky man.
Many thanks, Smoke!

Roaring with laughter!

I'm beyond antsy to hear them.

Stroker

Platinum Member
I bet it’s very exciting to bring a gem into the world, Congratulations she’s a beaut!
Many thanks, Ransan!

It's exciting for me from the standpoint of investing in a drum kit (for the first time in my life) where I'm actually getting what I want.

Right finish, right shell configuration, right layout.

Jeremy Bender

Platinum Member
Very nice! congrats and great choice of sizes.
Will look for them on Sonor's "finish Friday" montage on Facebook.

"I'm hoping nothing has changed in the way Sonor boxes their drums, for last year when I received my Sonor SQ2 cast bronze snare drum from DCP, I couldn't have been happier with the way the drum was packed."

My SQ2 order (just one drum) arrived three days ago after exactly 8 months wait. Pretty much what I was told the wait time would be.
The packing was tight with firm protective foam that perfectly encased the drum's dimension's inside of a very thick cardboard box with metal staples sealing the top. This was clearly designed for overseas shipping.

Lovin' the quality.

Last edited:

8Mile

Platinum Member
Wow, just stunning! Congratulations! I know they will sound as great as they look and bring you a ton of joy.

Stroker

Platinum Member
Very nice! congrats and great choice of sizes.
Will look for them on Sonor's "finish Friday" montage on Facebook.

"I'm hoping nothing has changed in the way Sonor boxes their drums, for last year when I received my Sonor SQ2 cast bronze snare drum from DCP, I couldn't have been happier with the way the drum was packed."

My SQ2 order (just one drum) arrived three days ago after exactly 8 months wait. Pretty much what I was told the wait time would be.
The packing was tight with firm protective foam that perfectly encased the drum's dimension's inside of a very thick cardboard box with metal staples sealing the top. This was clearly designed for overseas shipping.

Lovin' the quality.
Many thanks, JB!

Your words bring me a sense of calm.

What sort of drum did you order?

beatdat

Those shells are beautiful.

Mind if I drive over one day to see them? I'll be coming from T.O.

Seriously, the more I see and hear SQ2s, the more they become my dream drums.