My SQ2 order...

NouveauCliche

As of last Friday my kit was drilled and awaiting hardware.

Karl Menzel, was aiming for an end of month timeframe as to having the kit fully ready, in a container, and on it's way to me. May be slightly delayed.

Nevertheless, here is a picture of the shells standing proud two weeks ago.

African Marble in high-gloss finish.

Pending updated pictures with kit complete, I'll post another pic or two in the coming days.

View attachment 97481
Beautiful - that'll be a kit you can enjoy for a lifetime! (Or until you get the bug again for a new one!)

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
Holy crap. They are drop dead gorgeous man. Nature at it's best. I like the light/dark thing a lot.

Stroker I am so happy for you man. You definitely earned these from all the good vibes that you bring.

Stroker

Platinum Member
Holy crap. They are drop dead gorgeous man. Nature at it's best. I like the light/dark thing a lot.

Stroker I am so happy for you man. You definitely earned these from all the good vibes that you bring.
You're a true standup guy, Larry, and I appreciate your words in a really big way.

I'm with you on nature at it's best. The African Marble doesn't disappoint in that regard.

wildbill

Platinum Member
Meh - drums are drums.

:p

You know I'm kidding. I'll bet the wait is hard to take.
All the better when you finally have them to play (and ogle) though.

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
Does the pattern on the bass drum hoops match the drum shell so that the pattern goes from front to back?? I can really tell from the photo.

Smoke

Silver Member
Just absolutely gorgeous. Your significant other might be jealous! I'll bet that dust won't have the audacity to settle on them. If they sound as good as they look, you're a lucky man.

Stroker

Platinum Member
Meh - drums are drums.

:p

You know I'm kidding. I'll bet the wait is hard to take.
All the better when you finally have them to play (and ogle) though.
Many thanks, WB!

Yes, the anticipation at the start was crazy, but I've settled down somewhat now and am just hoping and praying all arrives safe and sound.

Stroker

Platinum Member
And the initial inspection upon receipt of shipment. Especially if you see a nicked/dented box.
I'm hoping nothing has changed in the way Sonor boxes their drums, for last year when I received my Sonor SQ2 cast bronze snare drum from DCP, I couldn't have been happier with the way the drum was packed.