My software for drummers: BPMinus

ethangar

Lots of different sounds to choose from. If you could get something close to the click sound in Cubase that would be awesome, I've never found one better for use while drumming.
I'll see what I can create or license in terms of metronome sounds. Obviously I can't just take the sounds from Cubase, but I'll see if I can do something with similar tonal qualities. All I know is that whatever I come up with, it has to be better than the Pro Tools default click sound (because that one drives me mildly insane) ;-)

mind_drummer

Platinum Member
Good Job ! Nice useful little piece of software. The bug I encounter is when I load a file in my playlist, work it and then remove it from my playlist, I can load another file but I can't work on it since it still the previous file that appear in the frequency view panel and I can't reset that window even if these no file in the playlist. I need to close the program and start it again.

Other than this if you manage to include those mentionned add-on then it will be awesome ;-)

choki

Any plans for a Mac/iOS version? Every drummer I know is a Mac user. Not trying to get into the age old mac vs. windows arguments, but a large percentage of musicians are mac users.

ethangar

Any plans for a Mac/iOS version? Every drummer I know is a Mac user. Not trying to get into the age old mac vs. windows arguments, but a large percentage of musicians are mac users.
Yes - I will get to this (although I don't know how soon). Ironically, it was programmed on my iMac, but on Windows ;-)

hkcweb

I will definitely be downloading this when I get home from work!! When you're working on the Mac version, how about an iPhone app? That's usually what I use for a metronome/playing along with other music.

zap1789

Wow... this is an excellent piece of software. Looks really nice, and does the job well.
My thoughts:

- I think it would be cool to be able to export a playlist as audio files
- I would like to be able to reset individual sliders in the EQ rather than resetting all of them.
- Also, I think it would be cool to be able to choose how many bands there are on the EQ (as in a choice between say, 4, 8, 12... etc.)
- considering hitting escape resets everything, it would be convenient to b able to undo things if I accidentally press it.
- I would like to be able to input a BPM for it to play at.

I'm already going to start using this software though, and I think with your approach to pricing it could be very popular.

ethangar

Bug fix release - still working on the new features.

0.1.8 (2012-06-07)

Change: Improved resampling quality.
Change: Optimization to better utilize multiple cores.
Fix: Added a check for proper audio device initialization at startup.
Fix: Fixed a crash that could occur when saving a file.
Fix: Fixed crash that occurs when the BPMinus log file is in use by another process.
Fix: Fixed a crash that could occur when importing a playlist from iTunes.
Fix: Fixed crash that could occur with corrupted album art.
Fix: Fixed rare crash during the read of file tags.

Phills

I thought: great! But then I saw it is only for windows...
As a lot of artists, designers, musicians etc. work with the mac, this is somewhat disappointing.
I use Transcribe for my guitar studies and that works fine with the mac.