My Rogers kit

dub

Hello! My name is David. This is my first post here so I thought I'd start off by showing one of my favorite kits. This is a '67 Rogers Tower set with a matching Luxor snare along with an extra Luxor that I picked up for another kit project and some killin 60's Zildjian A hats. Been looking for some older lids to use with this kit but just haven't come across the right ones yet. Thanks for looking!

Wow, they look like they just rolled off the assembly line. They look brand new. Seriously nice looking kit there. Sound clips?

gorgeous kit

no interest in using the original tom mount?

Thanks for the nice replies! I haven't recorded myself in a while. Now that I'm thinking about it I'm not even sure I've recorded myself since I got this kit. Kinda got away from it because I was over analyzing my playing and loosing a bit of the fun in it. It's nice to go back and hear yourself but I was just getting carried away with it. I'll try to get a few clips up soon though. As for the tom and cymbal arms, the kit came with both but I like a little tighter setup than I could get with them, especially the tom.The way I place it, it almost touches the arm mount on the bass drum. Thanks again!

Love the kit! thats a really cool finish also! It's almost like the new sonor finishes they released this year!

Love the red onyx wrap. Sweet tubs.​

Thanks again for the nice compliments!

Those are absolutely beautiful. What is the low-profile ride? Looks delicious.

Here is a better view of the pies. From left to right are 60's Zildjian A 14" hats, 22" K Constantinople (picked it up from a friend that said it was a 1st gen constantinople. Not sure if that's correct but I love it either way), 24" Istanbul Agop signature (super thin and extremely dark), and a 21" K Special Dry.

awesome kit and cymbals. what generation owner are you? obviously somebody has been caring for it very well.

awesome kit and cymbals. what generation owner are you? obviously somebody has been caring for it very well.

Thanks! Not sure how many owners before me. I picked the kit up a couple years ago from Bobby Chaisson at The Drum Farm. Super cool guy. I'll have to ask him if he knows.

Thanks again for the nice compliments!

Here is a better view of the pies. From left to right are 60's Zildjian A 14" hats, 22" K Constantinople (picked it up from a friend that said it was a 1st gen constantinople. Not sure if that's correct but I love it either way), 24" Istanbul Agop signature (super thin and extremely dark), and a 21" K Special Dry.

That Istanbul is something to behold. It just looks like it could sing to me!

Thanks again everyone!

That Istanbul is something to behold. It just looks like it could sing to me!

It really is an incredible ride, for my tastes anyway. Here's the ad I bought it from to give you an idea. I'd been wanting to check out one of these for a while. I listened to 4 or 5 of them in this size and when I heard this one I knew it was the one I wanted. Sounds even better from the driver's seat!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDnMlUrRIhs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Stunning kit. Very beautiful. I love Rogers drums.
Thanks for sharing.

Beautiful. Someone's gotta revive the Rogers line. Set up camp in Ohio just like old days. Maybe President Obama can help get that kickstarted. Really, Rogers drums have a solid reputation, even decades later. Well built drums that held their value and are still coveted by most drummers.

Back