My Pearl arrived!

Ransan

Those are very nice man! I swear Reverb had a Music City Custom set in this finish not too long ago. I'd like that in a 24 X 16 bass drum..
Congratulations!
It’s a beautiful finish and shame that it is disco’d.
I’m trying to tell y’all Session has stepped up and out.

Ransan

Nice! Nothing more soothing to the eye than a fresh set with pristine looking heads!
Thanks though I’ve unofficially logged almost 20 hours the heads are now spotted with marks.
I do have the cs dots for batter and ambassadors for reso, and as of yesterday, now I have an eta on my master cast hoops for end of September.
You will see the kit fully dressed then.

Reactions: iCe

Ransan

That's a seriously good looking drum set. Congrats!
Thank you and I have no regrets on stepping past the nicotine white pearl kit.
It’s as close to Rogers Cleveland in Mardi Gras finish (my favorite - though this kit
Is lacquered) as I will get....(for now).

Ransan

How’s the kit been for you? What heads did you end up replacing the stock ones with? I had to swap batter and resonant on my new pearl kit
Hi Cfen, I love the kit as I can stare at it just as much, sound wise in my experience I haven’t heard anything quite like this. It has the hardness or brightness of birch on the onset, but then the warm overtones come out. I am a fan of birch, this kit blends really well. The snare for me is a sleeper, that thing is rock solid and can crank, because it has mahogany plies, doesn’t crunch and punch, so I’m not going to mess with die casts on it.

Though I do have the heads waiting, I haven’t changed any of them yet, will be done uniformly as I have master cast hoops coming in at the end of September for all toms top and bottom 8”-16”.

As for the heads all remo, I have for the toms batter cs dots and ambassadors for bottom. I have the PS3 for kick and the clear hazy logo head for reso. For the snare is the reverse dot and a hazy reso head. The reason for cs dot is, I want maximum punch with bright focus, at this time, and the dark red mahog is beautiful to look at interior wise. Though I live in Colorado and winter time is near, I don’t forsee myself putting remo coats to warm it up a touch, but that can change.

Though the snare and kick aren’t getting the hoop upgrade, I will wait for the master cast hoops to come in before I change them all out.

Right now the stock heads are good, honestly have been playing the kick right out of the box ??

Thanks for checking it out.

C.M. Jones

. . . sound wise in my experience I haven’t heard anything quite like this. It has the hardness or brightness of birch on the onset, but then the warm overtones come out.

That's why I went with Sessions. Their sound is unique -- different even from a previous set of Sessions I owned years ago. Pearl did a phenomenal job with the update.

Ransan

Here’s my Session Studio Select complete with die cast tops and triple flange rims on reso. CS dots and PS3 on batter and Ambassadors for bottom.

The 8” sounds really good and has great sustain due to its size and factors.

This kit sounds fantastic and is comfortable to play as well.

Thanks for checking it out!
761CC51C-A053-4B9F-8DAA-940C9A33C369.jpegBBD916D0-C009-4D1D-A1D8-F900AAEEB61C.jpegB120DCFA-8F0D-4AF9-8B8B-156B66AC4F85.jpeg

Superman

Gold Member
Beautiful kit. Good luck.

Ransan

Beautiful kit. Good luck.
Thanks Superman.

The black dots are a nice touch!
Thanks I agree Bo.

There’s something about their sound, and they have their own moxie.
—————————————————
As for sound, I am really happy with the die cast option. The 14” sings the 16” hums and everything else is bread n butter.

Waiting for the last 2 hoops I’ve mainly been using 1 up 2 down - Now that they’re all here and set up, not sure when I’ll go back. I absolutely love the sound of the 8”. Describing the sound as best as I can, it has its crack, but has body to it, there’s a ‘whhoooo’ sound that follows the strike if that makes any sense. It does not sound shallow and ringy like bongos or even my 8” Vistalite concert tom.

drumnut87

looks awesome!! :D

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Hot damn-now that's a "drum kit". A Pearl man I see-a taste for finer things-the classic black (like the dress )but ah dazzle too with a hint of "sparkly" (it does look like Mardi Gras). It really is stunning-I'm going to nick name you "Tom-y" LOL. Dang changing heads must be a fortune-I like the dots btw. So do you gig with this or home alone? Do we get to hear it? Where are you-how about play it ROFL-just kidding. I would just love to run those toms I have to admit. Maybe you should buy another matching bass rather than double pedal. It would help with the Feng shui of so many toms-another kick to balance it LOL. Just more to love.

Ransan

looks awesome!! :D
Thank you for your input drumnut87!

Hot damn-now that's a "drum kit". A Pearl man I see-a taste for finer things-the classic black (like the dress )but ah dazzle too with a hint of "sparkly" (it does look like Mardi Gras). It really is stunning-I'm going to nick name you "Tom-y" LOL. Dang changing heads must be a fortune-I like the dots btw. So do you gig with this or home alone? Do we get to hear it? Where are you-how about play it ROFL-just kidding. I would just love to run those toms I have to admit. Maybe you should buy another matching bass rather than double pedal. It would help with the Feng shui of so many toms-another kick to balance it LOL. Just more to love.

Thanks GeAgrippa! I am a Pearl man first and foremost, as you mention the Mardi Gras, I may have to do a side by side of this and the MG kit, and throw in my Black Galaxy Acrolite for fun, as I have all three snares. I am not a gigging or studio musician. Though I do love music and making music, drums are my passion, I can do without drama of life of musician. I've seen many a great musician burn out due gig work dependency, which elevates those stresses. Not to say I won't gig or do some studio work, I have a friend from Albur-Q-Ville that wants to start something, we were in a band when I was 15-19.

Yes changing heads on this was up there, the DC hoops were almost a grand only for the tops, and as I had to do a reso upgrade to Remo, the Pearl head exchange cost was about the same as replacing my Vistalite kit. As for the extra kick, I've never had a double before, this is nothing I'm sure you've seen 'The Big Red Machine' of mine that has 8 toms over one kick.

As for hearing it, I have left my recording project alone as I had to get the Rogers kit, the mics and recording gear will always be around.
I may resume that, but there's some things left for the Rogers kit that I am somewhat compelled to get for some reason.

Bozozoid

Besides Larrie Londin a one time Pearl endorser I heard this tune called Heartbreak Kid by Restless Heart..at the end of the tune John Dittrich? Is doing this simple tom hit and I was floored forever. Pearl DX? Or something but right there I stopped frozen..Pearl caused me many a sleepless night.

Ransan

@Ransan you are a true Pearl “brother in [tom] arms”...fantastic mate! Enjoy! (y) :D
Thanks Al! I really think the Pearl tom arms are what makes Pearl unique. With the TH-1030 series, there’s just so much flexibility.

Besides Larrie Londin a one time Pearl endorser I heard this tune called Heartbreak Kid by Restless Heart..at the end of the tune John Dittrich? Is doing this simple tom hit and I was floored forever. Pearl DX? Or something but right there I stopped frozen..Pearl caused me many a sleepless night.
Ah I hear ya Bozozoid!
I would listen to Skid Row’s Rob Affuso parts and stare at my catalog on the page with the double kick trying to follow what he’s doing. I think he used an MX his kit was white didn’t look lacquered, could be wrong, but man did his toms sound so huge!

Rob is one of the main reasons I play Pearl and Sabian.