My New Tour

Congrats on the tour.. I don't see Florida on there, but on July 31st you will be at Turf Valley Country club. Back in 1974 I was the pool manager and swimming coach there.
Sorry to waiver but best of luck in all of your travels. My dad was a sax player and a huge Glenn Miller fan.

Congrats on the tour.. I don't see Florida on there, but on July 31st you will be at Turf Valley Country club. Back in 1974 I was the pool manager and swimming coach there.
Sorry to waiver but best of luck in all of your travels. My dad was a sax player and a huge Glenn Miller fan.

Thanks GruntersDad and Steamer. They are based out of Lake Mary Fl., so I think they usually begin the year doing dates in Florida. I know they usually do a few days at Busch Gardens, Tampa and a few other cities.

Jeff

Jeff

Congrats and much success on your gig. Have a swingin' time, make alot of contacts, and try to search out any local college who may want you to come in and do a master class. Perhaps get the bass player involved as well, and that way you can team up as a rhythm section and make it a fun event.

Good Luck, and safe travels!

Conrats Jeff! Best of luck to you.

Congrats! That sounds like a great gig.
Can I ask how you got that gig ( I don't mean your skill). Did you audition or had you played with them before? Just asking.

Jeff

Congrats and much success on your gig. Have a swingin' time, make alot of contacts, and try to search out any local college who may want you to come in and do a master class. Perhaps get the bass player involved as well, and that way you can team up as a rhythm section and make it a fun event.

Good Luck, and safe travels!

Pat, Thanks for the idea. I'll have to look into that.

Congrats! That sounds like a great gig.
Can I ask how you got that gig ( I don't mean your skill). Did you audition or had you played with them before? Just asking.
I was made aware of the opening throu my friend and teacher, Steve Fidyk. I sent in a demo CD of me playing with the Starlight Orchestra, a big band that did tunes from that era. I then did an audition/soundcheck when the band came to Richmond.

Awwwww, no Colorado dates.

They are adding new dates all the time. Check the site again soon.

Jeff

Congrats Jeff. You're not in my area yet; but The GM Oorchestra usually does a yearly right here near my home town on Bald Hill. I'll see you there. :)

Congratulations on swinging the gig (pun not originally intended, but in hindsight duly so)

Hopefully I can catch you at one of the Ohio gigs towards the end of the summer or in December since I don't see any AZ dates on there.

Good luck and have fun!

Congratulations on swinging the gig (pun not originally intended, but in hindsight duly so)

Hopefully I can catch you at one of the Ohio gigs towards the end of the summer or in December since I don't see any AZ dates on there.

Good luck and have fun!

There will be some more dates eventually. We're actually staying in Reynoldsburg, this week on our way to Pittsburgh. We just were across the Ohio border in MI and are in Chicago today.

Jeff

We just flew in from San Francisco after playing a battle of the bands with the Tommy Dorsey Orchestra. I got a chance to meet and play with Rudy Petschauer, who is a great drummer and really nice person. That made the gig much more comfortable for me. The gig was fun - we alternated bands and also played a few tunes together. The two big bands playing at once sounded great.

We are in PA for the next few days. I will actually be playing in my hometown of Hazleton, PA on Thursday. It should be fun. I'm renting a car and getting in a day early to visit with my friends and family.

The Glenn Miller Orchestra is always booking new shows, so be sure to check the website.
http://www.glennmillerorchestra.com/itinerary.html

Jeff

Jeff, I may be able to get to the August 1st "dance" at Sunnybrook Ballroom in Pottstown, PA...real close by! A pretty neat place as well. I have played at Penns Peak as well, good to have you and the GM band in this neck of Pennsylvania! If you are looking for some home cooking before or after the 8/1 gig let me know...only about 10 minutes away, glad too have you by.

Jack

Very happy for you, Jeff. Best of luck and fun out there.

Thanks Trip!

Originally Posted by SOGdrummer Jeff, I may be able to get to the August 1st "dance" at Sunnybrook Ballroom in Pottstown, PA...real close by! A pretty neat place as well. I have played at Penns Peak as well, good to have you and the GM band in this neck of Pennsylvania! If you are looking for some home cooking before or after the 8/1 gig let me know...only about 10 minutes away, glad too have you by.

Jack

That date was just added. It's nice to see more PA dates on the schedule. Please come up and introduce yourself at the dance.

i'll try to make a pa show!!!
i'm looking torward to it
-george

Back