my new pies

jaykaydrums

Silver Member
s-l1600 (2).jpg

my sister scored me a sweet deal on ebay, someone was selling this lot really cheap, no damage, & not stolen :) nearly £1000 worth of cymbal for less than £300, result!!! :D

the gaffer tape will be coming off, and i'll give them a full inspection when they turn up tomorrow, if they got damaged during transit, i'll get a full refund.

View attachment 93643

my sister scored me a sweet deal on ebay, someone was selling this lot really cheap, no damage, & not stolen :) nearly £1000 worth of cymbal for less than £300, result!!! :D

the gaffer tape will be coming off, and i'll give them a full inspection when they turn up tomorrow, if they got damaged during transit, i'll get a full refund.
Looks good! I forgot what I paid for my 20" Antique, but I've fallen in love with it again after letting it sit in the bag for 5 years. Let us know how they sound!

I spotted a lot of Amedia cymbals on the up and coming European (symphonic) metal bands (Epica, Delain, Volbeat) around 2005-2007.
Sound like great cymbals! The Thrace series look a lot like the Turkish Cymbals Moderate line i had around 2002-2003 and great allround set of cymbals.

Amedia always has a big booth at the Chicago Vintage Drum show . They bring a huge selection and they are priced really well. Superb cymbals and really consistently excellent sounding . I have owned a few Amedia cymbals and would definitely consider a full set of I was in the market for new cymbals .

As much as a K lover that I am, the nicest cymbal I own is a Amedia Vintage Series 20" Crash. I got it from the UK Drum Show in 2017 for a whopping £175 brand new, it's the darkest, warmest crash and is a great light ride for quiet gigs and if you need one cymbal for a gig, this is it!

As for people putting gaffa tape on the bow of a cymbal where you hit it WHY!..............when I got my old 22" A Medium it had 40 year old gaffa tape residue on it. Best way to get rid of it (and make sure you have a towel hand) is with a power washer.

Amedia always has a big booth at the Chicago Vintage Drum show . They bring a huge selection and they are priced really well. Superb cymbals and really consistently excellent sounding . I have owned a few Amedia cymbals and would definitely consider a full set of I was in the market for new cymbals .
This is where I bought mine. Chicago Drum Show 2014. Complete impulse buy - that's why we go to these things ha ha. Never heard of Amedia prior to that. The guy there was the owner or founding member of the company. IIRC he said it was a spin off from Zildjian, or family member(s) of Zildjian owner(s). The Antique looks like it had a rotating wire wheel applied to it as a final finish.

I miss the show. I think it was the 2016 show that had the master class with Greg Bissonette. I took the sleeper train overnight from Cleveland, then bicycle from Union Station to the light rail headed for Villa Park. 7 hr train ride is just perfect for a night's rest.

Last edited:
UPDATE:

well my cymbals turned up in the post today, undamaged, packed securely, and in a decent cymbal case.

and that orange gaffer tape that i was worried about.....its not gaffer tape.

IT'S F*****G PAINT!!!!!!!

some brightspark has PAINTED on the cymbal itself!!! >.>

Have you tried Acetone to remove the paint? It removes most things - including ink stamps and logos, so watch out if you want to keep those intact. Also, best to do this outside, so you don't inhale all of the fumes.
Aside from that, nice score!

Have you tried Acetone to remove the paint? It removes most things - including ink stamps and logos, so watch out if you want to keep those intact. Also, best to do this outside, so you don't inhale all of the fumes.
Aside from that, nice score!
my sister suggested the same thing, she's got some nail polish remover somewhere that shes going to dig out for me and use it, as long as it doesnt damage the cymbal or the finish i'll give it a go :)

View attachment 93643

awesome. Nice looking cymbals + awesome deal = one happy drummer!

You'll probably have a slightly different looking spot after removing the paint but it should look better than before. Just try a little bit and rub it on the paint gently with a piece of cloth and see how it goes. :)

Acetone and a nylon brush will get rid of that paint. It will take time, just be persistent!

FYI, Amedia is a Turkish company that is the third company that formed from the Istanbul "Split". Istanbul used to be one company, with brothers Agop and Mehmet running the show. They had a falling out, so they split into Istanbul Agop and Istanbul Mehmet. Amedia is the third company that formed new from that split. They are really nice cymbals, but they have so many series or "lines" of cymbals, I find it to be overwhelming. I haven't looked lately, but at one point that had over 25 series of cymbals!

Back