My new Mapex Wraith! (Demo Video)

dtrushr30dw

Hey, Guys! I just got this thing yesterday and I'm already in love with it. I think I'll be using it on almost all of my rock and metal recordings from now on. It's just that good. I sold my pork pie BOB to fund this thing. Totally worth it! I can't recommend this drum enough. Here's a little video I made to demonstrate it within a Rock/Metal mix. No drum triggering/Samples. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlFnSfs3PhI

dtrushr30dw

It smokes the pork pie. Louder, fatter, drier and overall if just feels better to play it. And this thing does not go out of tune. I played on it for several hours and maybe tuned a couple lugs back up.. Once. It's that solid.

Duck Tape

Platinum Member
Yeah I definitely notice that it's drier from the videos I've seen so far, which is perfect really, I always used muffling on my black beauty.

I have your snares little brother, the nomad, it's not too different.

death2fire

Hey, Guys! I just got this thing yesterday and I'm already in love with it. I think I'll be using it on almost all of my rock and metal recordings from now on. It's just that good. I sold my pork pie BOB to fund this thing. Totally worth it! I can't recommend this drum enough. Here's a little video I made to demonstrate it within a Rock/Metal mix. No drum triggering/Samples. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlFnSfs3PhI
Nice sound, fat and punchy!

One question, i got BP Sledgehammer, is there a big diference in sound

between these two, Wraith and Sledgehammer? I was thinking of buying

Wraith, but if there is no major difference... Have you tried Sledgehammer?

porter

Platinum Member
Tried a Wraith in Sam Ash couple days ago, very dry drum. Studio friendly for sure. The Sledgehammer will be able to give you the ring that the Wraith can't, but if you want a no-fuss cutting sound, the Wraith is probably the way to go with Mapex. I would also recommend the Nomad as that's got a reasonable amount of life too but is drier like the Wraith.

death2fire

Tried a Wraith in Sam Ash couple days ago, very dry drum. Studio friendly for sure. The Sledgehammer will be able to give you the ring that the Wraith can't, but if you want a no-fuss cutting sound, the Wraith is probably the way to go with Mapex. I would also recommend the Nomad as that's got a reasonable amount of life too but is drier like the Wraith.

Thanks for the info! I already have Nomad, great snare.

Naigewron

Platinum Member
Sounds killer, man!

And this thing does not go out of tune. I played on it for several hours and maybe tuned a couple lugs back up.. Once. It's that solid.
Yeah, I have a Black Panther Brass Cat which behaves the same way. I smash the everloving crap out of my snare, rimshots every backbeat, but it just takes it and asks for more.

Compare that to my Black Beauty which doesn't even last a song before it needs tuning.