My new Gretsch drums

8Mile

Platinum Member
I recently placed an order for a Gretsch USA Custom set. 14 x 18 bass drum, 14 x 14 floor tom, 8 x 12 mounted tom, matching 5.5 x 14 snare drum.

I've wanted to own a set of these drums for a very long time. I've never owned a lot of gear, just a few drum sets my whole life. This set won't be used on rock dates. Think small-group jazz, bebop, standards, etc. Single-ply heads tuned up to sing. I'm not going for versatility here, I have other drums for other situations.

The order will take 16–18 weeks. I cannot wait. Every day, I wake up thinking about these babies and smile. They're going to get here at the start of the summer. Talk about anticipation.

This feels self-indulgent, but I had to share with other drummers. I'm so excited. Of course, when the drums arrive, I will post pics, videos, etc.

Ordering and talking/posting about new drums is not self-indulgent, it's why we are here. Congrats. May I inquire as to the finish.???

Nice! Looking forward to seeing pictures of your new kit.

Ordering and talking/posting about new drums is not self-indulgent, it's why we are here. Congrats. May I inquire as to the finish.???
funnY you should ask; i considEred teLLing everyOne but Wasn't sure if i should.

Congratulations! One of the great days in drumming is realizing the dream gear dream. I recently got to do so, and I’m always made happy by someone else having that feeling. Looking forward to the pics when they arrive!

I don't know if I'd have the patience to wait 16 to 18 weeks.

I suppose if it's the set you've always wanted,
and plan to keep it till you're gone,
then the wait might not seem as bad.

Sounds like you're going to be excited and anticipating for several months.
Maybe that's a good thing.
Congrats.
And looking forward to the pics when they arrive.

Congrats, you will love your new kit! It will be worth the wait. Here is a picture of my kit, identical sizes

Attachments

• C0AE8F94-0EBA-4C85-ADCB-0D0FB3CFD132.jpeg
    C0AE8F94-0EBA-4C85-ADCB-0D0FB3CFD132.jpeg
    126.8 KB · Views: 1,344
Reactions: dnt
Here’s mine. Congratulations!
All I can say is you will forever be satisfied the tone and sound of your drumkit.

Attachments

• 1EF72A00-BCD2-4A65-80A6-8F44F62E2E35.jpeg
    1EF72A00-BCD2-4A65-80A6-8F44F62E2E35.jpeg
    302.3 KB · Views: 1,306
I recently placed an order for a Gretsch USA Custom set. 14 x 18 bass drum, 14 x 14 floor tom, 8 x 12 mounted tom, matching 5.5 x 14 snare drum.

I've wanted to own a set of these drums for a very long time. I've never owned a lot of gear, just a few drum sets my whole life. This set won't be used on rock dates. Think small-group jazz, bebop, standards, etc. Single-ply heads tuned up to sing. I'm not going for versatility here, I have other drums for other situations.

The order will take 16–18 weeks. I cannot wait. Every day, I wake up thinking about these babies and smile. They're going to get here at the start of the summer. Talk about anticipation.

This feels self-indulgent, but I had to share with other drummers. I'm so excited. Of course, when the drums arrive, I will post pics, videos, etc.

DUDE! congrats!!!! That's awesome :D
why does it take so long?
you need to indeed post pictures, #NGD is not #NGD without posting around!

Congrats! What finish/color did you order?
Heh. My attempt to cleverly (?) encode this in a prior post seems to have failed, so I'll be explicit: Solid yellow gloss lacquer. My homage to my drumming hero.

Thanks for all the love, everyone. I cannot wait. But at the same time, it's kind of fun having something to look forward to. Yes, there will be photos and videos when they finally arrive.

Having gone back and looked, the color pops right out. I thought maybe you were having computer problems 8+)

Back