My New Drum Room

danondrums

I really tried to keep things super friendly with the neighborhood by trying to keep it all electronic at home, but there's just something about hitting acoustic drums and cymbals that I was sorely missing... So, my little drum room now looks like this:

9b48bcb2-7812-7824-bb8b-21aa77291b6e.jpg

doggyd69b

I will copy that setup only because it makes sense in that it saves a lot of space. I also have a second acoustic kit (5 piece) which I will maybe setup or just have it ready for gigs...If I ever find a band in Ga...

roncadillac

I really tried to keep things super friendly with the neighborhood by trying to keep it all electronic at home, but there's just something about hitting acoustic drums and cymbals that I was sorely missing... So, my little drum room now looks like this:

9b48bcb2-7812-7824-bb8b-21aa77291b6e.jpg

Nice tight set up! The flexibility of having edrums and adrums in the same rehearsal space is invaluable and something I too recently discovered.

danondrums

Nice tight set up! The flexibility of having edrums and adrums in the same rehearsal space is invaluable and something I too recently discovered.
It is definitely invaluable. Especially if you're a bit of a night owl.
Oddly, the edrums seem less forgiving than an acoustic kit. Like your slight timing imperfections are magnified and as much as I don't enjoy playing it, I do think it's helping me be more precise.

Mr Farkle

I had an electronic kit but…
there's just something about hitting acoustic drums and cymbals that I was sorely missing
And that was that. Figured I should probably work on snare solos on the pad if I needed to play quietly.

roncadillac

It is definitely invaluable. Especially if you're a bit of a night owl.
Oddly, the edrums seem less forgiving than an acoustic kit. Like your slight timing imperfections are magnified and as much as I don't enjoy playing it, I do think it's helping me be more precise.
I have noticed the same thing!!! I've been playing with this current band for about a year and a half, recently switching to edrums for rehearsal has really shown me areas that I was playing rather sloppy in those same songs and the rest of the band has noticed their own imperfections more due to there being less ambient noise from acoustic drums and cymbals.