My Ludwig Classic Maple Set Has Arrived

toonamike

Sweetwater delivered my 3 pc. FAB 22 shell pack today, along with a free Classic Maple snare drum.

I haven't tuned it yet, but it sure looks great!

Last edited:
Congrats! I see you're kinda new here , so you need to know the saying around here:

Pictures or it didn't happen !!

Wow that turquoise glitter pops man-great collage of pics! Nice score. Now you have to post a recording-LOL just kidding-maybe?????

Congratulations! It's great that you got a matching snare with yours! Apparently, when I ordered my black oyster super classic in the same sizes, a free snare was not an option for me! I hate Sweetwater for doing that.

Enjoy the drums!

It appears at the moment, Sweetwater’s only offering the matching snare with Red Strata, Sky Blue Pearl, Orange Glitter, and Yellow Glitter. Teal Glitter does not have one any more.

It appears at the moment, Sweetwater’s only offering the matching snare with Red Strata, Sky Blue Pearl, Orange Glitter, and Yellow Glitter. Teal Glitter does not have one any more.

Turquoise Glitter... Sweetwater's site is still showing free snares are available.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...sic-maple-fab-22-shell-pack-turquoise-glitter

Before I ordered, the site indicated that no free snares were left in turquoise glitter. I called, and lo-and-behold, the free snare was available. Sweetwater also waived $300 in shipping costs.

I'm thrilled!

Sorry, my bad! Turquoise Glitter doesn’t show up in the drop down box, and I mastakenly thought it was “Teal Sparkle”. BTW, are the heads that came with the set Clear Emperors? My Club Dates just came with Ludwig rebrand Coated Ambassadors, that I replaced for some Evans G1’s.

Sorry, my bad! Turquoise Glitter doesn’t show up in the drop down box, and I mastakenly thought it was “Teal Sparkle”. BTW, are the heads that came with the set Clear Emperors? My Club Dates just came with Ludwig rebrand Coated Ambassadors, that I replaced for some Evans G1’s.

I think they are clear Emperors on the batter side, Ambassadors for the resonant side. The bass drum has PowerStroke 3 heads.

Thanks Mike! I’d love to hear how these babies sound! :)

I thought everything Sweetwater sells has free shipping. I've never paid for anything shipped from Sweetwater, which is why they're one of my go-to resources. If they have something I need in stock I buy it from them.

And that kit that wrap is outstanding. Very vintage 60's early 70's vibe. I really dig it. It's different it's not a marine pearl and not silver sparkle not a normal what you see on every stage (and I have WMP and silver sparkle kits right now). It's just way cool. One of best finishes I have seen anywhere anytime.

I thought everything Sweetwater sells has free shipping. I've never paid for anything shipped from Sweetwater, which is why they're one of my go-to resources. If they have something I need in stock I buy it from them.

And that kit that wrap is outstanding. Very vintage 60's early 70's vibe. I really dig it. It's different it's not a marine pearl and not silver sparkle not a normal what you see on every stage (and I have WMP and silver sparkle kits right now). It's just way cool. One of best finishes I have seen anywhere anytime.

My sales engineer told me that the shipping charge is due to the sheer size and weight of the packages. When he told me $300, I told him I'd buy the FAB set at my local dealer. The sales engineer asked if I had ever purchased anything from Sweetwater. I had, but ten years earlier. He said that he considers me a new customer, so he'd waive shipping.

I also ordered 7x10, 8x12 and 14x14 toms from Sweetwater. Shipping on those was waived as well, except for a $4.50 processing fee, probably for the time required to affix new shipping labels after the boxes arrive at the warehouse.

As far as the finish goes, I love it too! The photos don't do it justice. I had a 1966 Super Classic in sparkling pink champagne, and this reminds me of the same kind of coolness factor. Ludwig charges a crap-ton for pink champagne now, so this was a good compromise.

Great Video, Mike! That Turquoise Glitter wrap is absolutely beautiful! I think these are a great “forever” set to have, and seem very versatile.

it's beautiful !
Can't wait to see the kit with the add-ons : I guess you do too ;-).

Wow, that's a dynamite looking set! Congrats! Please let us know when you get the boxing video finished and posted.

Ha ha - better than Christmas.

Looks like you went the whole nine yards and got an A Custom box set,
as well as the Ludwig throne and hardware with them too.
You're all set now.

Back