My little story (speedcobras, and camco's involved here)

uniin

Gold Member
So after playing speedcobra, deciding it wasn't my pedal, trying dw9000's, flying dragons, axis's, normal iron cobra's, i thought that the iron cobra was my pedal!

unfortunantly i cannot say that because i found myself re-obtaining the speed cobra. i found an amazing setting for myself, which wasn't too far off the factory defaults. i actually noticed this setting after borrowing a friends DW9000 pedal...

all i changed was i made the beater back off the head more, and raise the foot board a bit.

so yeah. i'm back on speed cobras. I've also heard rumors that they will be making a speed cobra hi-hat.

also tama are re-releasing the camco pedal as a limited edition! i'm also going to pick one of these up for my practice kit. my first teacher had one and i remember it was the most amazingly simple, yet perfect feeling pedal.

joeysnare

Silver Member
i hear great things about the old camcos , ive never gotten the chance to try one, but i know gene hoglan has been using the same set of camcos for 25 + years.

hamonrye

I've played on Camco for over 20 years. Sweet pedal and a great feel. I still have it but switched to a DW 5000 double. I have the Camco as a backup just in case.

Up2Speed

I thought Drum Workshop owned the rights to Camco and that's how they ended up with the round lugs on their drums. Can anybody clarify this?

scarlit

Silver Member
Tama bough the rights to the pedals (blueprints) and the Camco name. DW got everything else (inventory, equipment).