My Latest video: Find You by Zedd

lefty2

Platinum Member
Good job. I liked the way you were playing one hand on the ride and the other on the hats, at the same time. It sounded good.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not really a fan of drum covers, but yours was great! Good musical choices - just enough notes to give it energy. Tom sounds got in the way a little, but that's a minor tech point.

I enjoyed that :)

drummergirlgina

Thanks everyone for the comments! I appreciate it!
@Keep It Simple: I agree. I'm learning miking techniques and the drums were running a little hot as well as needing their angles adjusted. I also changed heads from these Remo Emperor Ebony's that were a bit worn to some new Remo Fiberskyn FD Diplomats. The toms really opened up now with a lot more attack!
"G"
www.drummergirlg.com

drummergirlgina

Got a really nice response from Bernie Schallehn, writer for Modern Drummer Magazine, on my video.

Gina, you asked for my feedback on this tune. Here goes: Nice dynamics, catchy "hand to hand" Hi-hat work, great groove (especially that one passage you play right after you come off the two-handed Hi-hat work), tempo steady and unwavering, fills clean with a couple that were a nice surprise, good speed. NICE JOB! Only one aspect that I'm hesitant to even call "negative" b/c I think it's more of a personal preference in sound and tuning. Your toms sound a little flat and "thuddy" to me. Again, that's just a subjective call and could be caused by the miking set-up. Play on! Play on! ~B