My Latest Video - "All Day" (Original)

drummergirlgina

Hi everybody! I just wanted to post my latest video. For those of you that may have seen me playing with Delphi Freeman at NAMM, (many thanks Bermuda!) this is a song that she wrote that was on our set list but the sets were cut in time so we couldn't perform this song at NAMM. I really love Delphi's voice...unique! Kind of like Alanis Morissette?...

It's an original song and I wanted to change up the basic 4/4 straight-ahead rhythm. So I put a Sango beat over the quarter note hi-hat to open the song a bit and make it a bit more airy?... I would love to hear your comments on YouTube as well as here, if you would? It's not a particularly complicated song in terms of showmanship but I think, just as importantly, the groove is what keeps the song breathing? What are your thoughts?

Blessings!
Gina "G"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2AKOUYRox0

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice playing! Liked the quarters on the hats, cool feel.

Hey guys/gals,

I just wanted to say "Thank you" for checking out my video and leaving me some comments. It really means a lot to me! I know that not every genre is for every person and same for mixing, or technique, or fills. But, I do listen to it all with an open mind.

Very nice! Really dug the groove you created!

And FWIW, I'm with Andy on the mix, though it was nice to be able to hear everything you played very clearly.

Thanks for the props on my playing! I guess I should mention that this is at Soultone Cymbals Studio and they also make DC California drums. So, the recording usually will usually emphasize their products. I think Delphi Freeman and I may make some further recordings in a third party studio sometime soon.

Gina.....

Do not post in all capital letters, do not use large fonts and annoying colors,
Can you imagine what these pages would look like if we all used these huge fonts.

G your playing on "All Day" is original and refreshing. Way to think "outside the box" as very few drummers would use a "Songo" based pattern on a pop tune. Love it ******

Back