My latest prog rock/electronica drum tracking action

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Oh yeah I love that electronica feel to that song Bill-really tasteful playing with the concentration on the hi hat and snare that's just perfect for that song. Love the way you build it up.

BillBachman

Gold Member
Thanks so much! That's actually only the first 1/3rd of that song, it changes up quite a bit after that.

I got inspired to only use kick/snare/hat on that one, there's not a tom or cymbal crash to be found. It's funny that after diving into that world how the other instruments on the drumkit start to seem like pure bad taste. That's it! -only kick/snare/hat for me from now on... Or, maybe not. :)

Dr_Watso

Platinum Member
Stellar playing the whole way, of course, but I really got into it after the halfway mark. You loosened up a bit and the playing was flowing in a really cool way. Lots of cool drags and dribbles between the hats/snare.

BillBachman

Gold Member
Stellar playing the whole way, of course, but I really got into it after the halfway mark. You loosened up a bit and the playing was flowing in a really cool way. Lots of cool drags and dribbles between the hats/snare.

Thanks! around that point (1/2 way) I anticipate more melodic material getting added in where-as the first part was more the solo over vamp kinda` thing. It's a work in progress at this point, it'll be interesting to see what develops by the time it makes it onto the album.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Keep us posted on the progress if you can. The snare-kick-hi hat will always be the soul of a kit and I love what you had going on there. Hope as it progresses you maintain the no toms-sometimes I almost feel like it's obligatory because they are there you have to hit them every once in awhile-and sometimes it is jut bad taste-least with me LOL.