My humble take on good drummers and OK drummers

Ringo, Lars, and Travis all are possible selections. Not enough people have voted yet, that's all. :)

Absolute rubbish. You are trolling. Your entire question is designed to cause disputes. Your mistake is believing we are naive enough not to notice and then fall into your trap. Well it did not work. And then you accuse us of being totalitarian???

You're dreaming buddy. What happened, did Pearl kick you out?

Please.

Well if he is trolling it looks like somebody took the bait, hook line and sinker! " MAN-O-MAN, WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?" It's not like he insulted Ringo. (LOL) Angry ones... that's just a joke.

The size of your kit is pretty irrelevant and often has a lot to do with what is currently trendy within any given genre.

Drummers with chops can rip it on a practice pad and blow your mind. I remember a video of possibly Thomas Lang and marco Minnemann playing in an airport lounge using the floor and a pad.

I watched a video of Hannah Ford play on a pad and she looked like the best drummer ever. Then I saw a video of her playing with Prince and it was just ok. A candid video of her playing Sevendust just sounded sad. Speed is there, in the pocket with minimal fills, not so good. Then combine speed power and chops at the same time.....ehhhhh, not good.

Alright guys, this is just my opinion...but I think it's a good idea to drive on the left hand side of the road.

I will of course invite contrary views.

Drivers in the UK tend to play it too safe. There's no room for improvisation. Free yourselves from the rule book I say and think outside of the box.

Down here in the south of France they all drive like Keith Moon played drums. Change lanes and direction when and how you feel. Fabulously daring (in fact dangerous) automotive... err, artistic expression

Of course there's the extreme side of it. Go to the south of Italy and they drive like they're playing free-jazz or something. To each their own I guess.

I have certain styles that I try to emulate and lean towards but that doesn't mean I don't respect guys at the other end of the spectrum. It actually means I sometimes have more respect for those guys because I simply cannot do what they do. I'm not a metal guy but those drummers wow me. If you area a lover of drumming than you should respect all aspects of it, even if they are different than your particular taste and style. To bash any professional drummer or any style is just ignorant.

Back