My Great-Grandfather's Drum Kit

What's funny is the Taiwanese KHS has been around since the 1930's though Mapex founded much later in 80s. I wonder if they made calfskin heads back in the day. Is there a Drum badge to maker?

Not on the heads, no. But The snare is a Lyon & Healy.

Man it looks a lot like the 1909 Lyon And Healy military snare? Man that is so cool-not that it's so old but it has a history and a legacy. Would you mind taking a pic of snare bottom-so we can see how it sits on stand-man that stand is something else LOL.

Not sure of your point. I could and did put heads on my Dad's snare. Didn't preclude the fact that it was still in bad shape and needed to be re-done. Especially the edges and the inferior strainer.
"still has the original cowhide head on it." My point was that I doubt the Mapex head is the original cowhide head.

Man it looks a lot like the 1909 Lyon And Healy military snare? Man that is so cool-not that it's so old but it has a history and a legacy. Would you mind taking a pic of snare bottom-so we can see how it sits on stand-man that stand is something else LOL.

Yeah, I'll take some more detailed pictures in the next day or so, so standby.

Bass drum head?? What am I missing??

One of you is talking about the snare, the other is talking about the bass. The bass drum heads are original. The original snare heads were torn, so I slapped on a Mapex stock head for photo's sake.

That's some cool old gear. I see what appears to be a square hole in the BD hoop. I'm going to wager a guess and say the cymbal goes there. It has what looks like a sleeve that fits over the hoop, and the cymbal post goes through and bolts top and bottom. Just a guess.

Back