My friend & other animals

aydee

Platinum Member
Properly trained, a man can be dog's best friend.

I'm one of those guys who believe that they are the nicest people on earth. Meet Leo, who is my shadow, my bud, my private comedian, my soulmate. There is nothing he likes more than to lay his head inches from my 22'" Yamaha MCAN bass drum and snooze through my woodshedding.

I can honesty say that there are not many things or people that I love more than Leo.

I thought I 'd share him with you guys. There used to be a pets thread here which seems to have evaporated into thin air so here's a tribute to the guy who makes me a better drummer ( sorry for the stretch )

Please show us you mutts n pooches....and your cats & rats, and parrots, and lizards and snakes and all or any creatures that enhance your quality as a human being and therefore make you a better drummer.

leo 3 dw.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a couple of pic's of Yogi. He's a 4 year old Welsh Terrier. Both pictures taken about 2 years ago. One with my precious family, the other doing what terriers usually do.

Attachments

• CIMG1824-Optimized.JPG
    CIMG1824-Optimized.JPG
    486.4 KB · Views: 248
  • CIMG0663-Optimized.JPG
    CIMG0663-Optimized.JPG
    586.7 KB · Views: 256
I picked up this abandoned kitty last September, she was some three weeks old...

P1000934.jpg

She's grown a bit since then, though I feel she'll always stay a small one.

DSCN5737.jpg

She's a great spirit, but not a really good practice companion, since her usual reaction is "OMG! He's hitting something with his sticks! This must mean he wants me to lie there!" I don't really mind though.

DSC00875.jpg

@ Andy- thats 3 out of 3! fabulous photographs ( specially the B&W one ), what a beautiful family, and Yogi's got a great ass : ) !

...Terriers have so much spirit and gusto..

@ Fiery- Amazing that kitties become cats, aye? I love the one with her perched on the practice pads... or is that a drum kit -.. ty ?

Meet Klaus, my pedigree German cockroach. He's my constant companion, especially in the summer months when he's more active.

We often play hide and seek together.

Attachments

• klaus&me.jpg
    klaus&me.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 244
Oh you sick twisted woman...ha ha Pol that was a scream!

What have you been feeding Klaus, Pol..Protein shakes???? He scare the daylights out of Leo..

PS- Is Klaus taking Djembe lessons?

Last edited:
@ Andy- thats 3 out of 3! fabulous photographs ( specially the B&W one ), what a beautiful family, and Yogi's got a great ass : ) !

...Terriers have so much spirit and gusto.
Thanks Abe, I can't believe that photo was 2 years ago. My daughter's only 13 in that shot and 6' tall! Yogi is a true terrier in every department. Way too much trouble & fun for most people. I was really cut up at the loss of our previous mixed terrier. "Scamp" was 21 years old when she died (yes, 21), and caught 2 rats on the morning of her departure. What a terrier! I'm such a sucker for all animals. I admit it, I'm a terrible softy.

@ Fiery- Amazing that kitties become cats, aye? I love the one with her perched on the practice pads... or is that a drum kit -.. ty ?
I look at some old pictures and I can't believe she ever was that tiny, even though she still is pretty small.
It's a practice pad kit. For some reason she insists on lying on the "floor tom" pad even though the "snare" pad is bigger...

DSC01023.jpg

What have you been feeding Klaus, Pol..Protein shakes???? He scare the daylights out of Leo..

PS- Is Klaus taking Djembe lessons?

No Abe, Klaus has a normal diet - crumbs, dirt, dust, slewed off skin cells etc. I'm just very small ...

Klaus doesn't play djembe himself but I have certainly practised my slap on some some of his family members. He's had a bit of an attitude since I started doing that. Picky picky.

Andy, you obviously have a suspicious mind. Larry's observation struck me as fairly accurate, though.

As Polly has set the trend for "unlikely" pets, here's a few shots of my baby taken about 3 years ago. His name is Cedric. He's nearly 20ft high and weighs about 4.5 tonnes. The first picture is of his "birth", with his "father" Steve looking on. Born of an old oak tree, Cedric guards our house night & day. He feeds on lead guitarists & singers, never the sheep that surround him. He is very rock & roll though. He started off blonde, but now he's turned almost black (a bit like a reverse MJ).

Attachments

• CIMG1119-Optimized.JPG
    CIMG1119-Optimized.JPG
    856.2 KB · Views: 217
  • CIMG1350-Optimized.JPG
    CIMG1350-Optimized.JPG
    859.4 KB · Views: 216
  • CIMG1309-Optimized-Optimized.JPG
    CIMG1309-Optimized-Optimized.JPG
    277.7 KB · Views: 203
  • CIMG1357-Optimized-Optimized.JPG
    CIMG1357-Optimized-Optimized.JPG
    272.4 KB · Views: 199
Cedric is disappointed with the lack of remarks on his good looks, & is threatening to expand his diet to drummers. As there's two of us in the household, that's an issue!

Last edited by a moderator:
I answer not out of fear of Cedric but amazement. That's mind-blowing work. Hope the tree was already dead!

Not that I can talk given the way I mistreat Klaus's little friends ...

Here is our idiotic hound when he was just a pup. He likes to steal food, crap in the house and be a general nuisance. We like to beat him. By the way, I am never serious. I hope everybody has figured that out already ;-}

Boomer.jpg

I answer not out of fear of Cedric but amazement. That's mind-blowing work. Hope the tree was already dead!

Not that I can talk given the way I mistreat Klaus's little friends ...
The tree was dead Pol. Some idiot took away the surface roots when clearing the site.

It is amazing what one can do with a Swiss Army knife.
Might take a while with such a knife your mayorship. A chainsaw & angle grinder with abrasive disc modelled Cedric's charming features.

I think Cedric has taken the "heaviest thing on DW that's made of wood" title from DMC's ironwood kit!

Here is our idiotic hound when he was just a pup. He likes to steal food, crap in the house and be a general nuisance. We like to beat him. By the way, I am never serious. I hope everybody has figured that out already ;-}
Oh those eyes! Could melt the coldest of hearts. What a cool hooch!

Meet Klaus, my pedigree German cockroach. He's my constant companion, especially in the summer months when he's more active.

We often play hide and seek together.

hollllllyy geez...... I think I about choked to death laughing.

Never under estimate Polly. hahahahaha

I have three dogs. No pictures, because do you know how hard it is to get three dogs to sit together, all at the same time? heh

Back