My first youtube video

Hello,

I'm still relatively new here, I rarely post, but I enjoy reading this board every day. I've finally figured out how to get some videos on Youtube, and I've always wanted to post my playing so I can get feedback on what I need to improve upon. Let me know what your think...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBdnx59AAq4

Thank you,

Matt

Thanks Therma, I appreciate it. I’ve been playing for 23 years.

Thank you frank0072, that was the first time I’ve done a TV show.

Matt

I enjoyed your playing. I especially liked how you outlined the inflections of the singer in an almost instinctive way, and your feel and time were very strong. IMO the only very minor drawback was that you went to that triplet to the quater note fill just a little too much at the end of 4 bar phrases. But really nice. Keep posting.

That was some quality playing.

You did what I love to see in drummers: play a support role. Your feel and time were great, and you blended very well with the rest of the band.

And your vocalist is superb. Give him my regards. ;)

I enjoyed your playing. I especially liked how you outlined the inflections of the singer in an almost instinctive way, and your feel and time were very strong. IMO the only very minor drawback was that you went to that triplet to the quater note fill just a little too much at the end of 4 bar phrases. But really nice. Keep posting.
Hi Matt,

Thanks for the compliment; it means a lot to me. I also agree with you on that fill 100%. Although it was one of things that just came out naturally to me, I have been trying different ideas to mix it up a little more to make it less repetitive or predictable (or monotonous):).

Thank you,
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That was some quality playing.

You did what I love to see in drummers: play a support role. Your feel and time were great, and you blended very well with the rest of the band.

And your vocalist is superb. Give him my regards. ;)

Hi DrewTheShoe,

Thanks a lot man, I appreciate it. I feel playing the supporting role is the most appropriate thing for this band, and I will continue to do so as we write more.

Thanks again,

Matt

Back