My first time ever, singing live!

How did I do? Have you ever done this?

• Total voters

drummergirlgina

Last edited:
I have sung and played drums in every band I have ever been in. I have been playing in bands since 1974. Peace and goodwill.

Link's

where was that- recorded- at.. nice

Hot

You did very well for the first time but what a difficult song to start with! Lots of words with a lot of long range jumps. Might suggest something easier for a starter song and work up to that one. Still, I give you a B+, which is a very high mark for that level of difficulty.

Most of you know that drumming as what I do for a living. But I actually got up and sang a song for the first time last night live!
With vocalists like Neil Young succeeding in a musical career decades ago and rappers nowadays singing songs like “Mona Lisa pizza” I’m pretty certain we can all do it too! ( What a rush tho huh?! I started as a vocalist and switched to drums and bass and still get that frontman rush singing karoake or whatnot

I played in a Blues band a few years back and none of the three of us sang very well. Hey, it was the Blues, baby!
So, we all took turns and I sang a few. Just some stop time numbers for me and I felt like it went pretty well. After the show a young gentleman
came up to the stage while I was tearing down and said "you don't see too many singing drummers". I said thanks, and then he said "And you sing as well as you play drums".

I never did figure out if that was a compliment....

I played in a Blues band a few years back and none of the three of us sang very well. Hey, it was the Blues, baby!
So, we all took turns and I sang a few. Just some stop time numbers for me and I felt like it went pretty well. After the show a young gentleman
came up to the stage while I was tearing down and said "you don't see too many singing drummers". I said thanks, and then he said "And you sing as well as you play drums".

I never did figure out if that was a compliment....
I’ll take it!

Back