My first set !

GStick

I'm very excited to go pick up my Ludwig Classic Maple 5 piece (used) today. Now I have to get a base pedal, hi-hat stand, cymbal stands and some cymbals. I will start researching on this forum and look to Craigslist for some deals on used models.

bobdadruma

Platinum Member
Great choice for a first kit. You must be very excited.
Does your kit have a bass drum mount for the high toms?
Post pictures when you get the drums.

v.zarate

Gold Member
awesome!!!! congrats on a great first kit!!!

what type of music you listen to?
what type of music are you gonna be playing?

i only ask these questions so that we can offer our help in choosing cymbals, hardware, etc...

eyecandy picture is also required to be posted when a "my first kit" thread is made, so we can all drool over it :)

GStick

Thanks for the replies. The sizes are:

20 x 16 bass
14 x 4.5 snare
10 x 8 rack tom
12 x 8 rack tom
14 x 14 floor tom

It came with the dual tom mount to the bass. Has the mini classic lugs and the Elite spurs. The color is Champagne Sparkle.

I plan on playing contemporary Christian, Jazz and some light rock. I sure hope the sizes I got will be OK for the genre' above.

What would be the proper sizes of symbals for my application ? (including hi-hat)

harryconway

Platinum Member
20 x 16 bass
14 x 4.5 snare
10 x 8 rack tom
12 x 8 rack tom
14 x 14 floor tom

I plan on playing contemporary Christian, Jazz and some light rock. I sure hope the sizes I got will be OK for the genre' above.
You should be fine with those sizes.​
As far as cymbal sizes, I think the 14" hats/20" ride/16" crashes are real workhorse sizes.​
Welcome to Drummerworld.​

bobdadruma

Platinum Member
Since you have a double tom mount on the BD that means that you can buy light or medium weight hardware. That is good. It will save you dough and you won't have a heavy hardware bag.
I would also suggest K Zildjian or similar cymbals from other manufacturers.

wildbill

Platinum Member
....What would be the proper sizes of symbals for my application ? (including hi-hat)

Cymbals.

Picky - I know, ha ha. But seeing cymbals spelled wrong is a sore point around here.

Anyways - the drum sizes are just fine, as well as it being a very nice set.
14" hi hats, and a 20" ride are pretty standard. I like an 18" crash better than a 16" though.
But either way, those should be enough to get the job done.

GStick

Cymbals.

Picky - I know, ha ha. But seeing cymbals spelled wrong is a sore point around here.

Anyways - the drum sizes are just fine, as well as it being a very nice set.
14" hi hats, and a 20" ride are pretty standard. I like an 18" crash better than a 16" though.
But either way, those should be enough to get the job done.
My bad, it won't happen again !

BabyBob

Silver Member
Congrats! :)

Also it's bass drum pedal not base pedal.

I think you should look out for USED Zildjian A series cymbals...14" A New Beats, 17" Medium Crash and perhaps a 21" Sweet ride.