My First Kit 1 year on

Khaine88

so ive been playing for nearly a year now. and i like to think ive come quite far playing wise. alot to do with have 2 lessons a week and 3 different band practises.

so yea here it is

Pearl Export ELX in Amber Mist
12-9 Tom
13-10 tom (not in Pic)
16-16 floor tom
14-5 snare drum

evans g1 Heads
and 1 random Remo Emp since they had no more g1 12" heads in the store near me

Pearl Hardware
Tama Throne
Pearl p120p pedal (i also have a tama iron cobra double pedal but i hate it with a passion so i dont use it and i will be selling it)

Cymbals
Zildjian 14" K Custom Dark Hats
Zildjian 15" K Dark Crash
Zildjian 17" K Custom Dark Crash
Ufip 20" Class Series Ride (best bell on a ride ive ever heard)

also with the moongel i only use them in that room to dampen the sound since its so echoy with the tile floor and all. when its properly soundproofed ill take them back off.

06122008639.jpg

DSC00058.jpg

DSC00061.jpg

Last edited:
Great finish. Nice cymbal setup you have going. Very versatile. What style of music do you play?

Very cool kit my friend but I must inquire, what do you hate about your ICs?

i dont know its wierd. they just feel too chunky compared to my pearl pedal and sluggish also. ive tried fiddling with the tension etc and i just cant get them to play like my pearl which is light and sweet.

Ah I get it. I really like the feel that makes you work harder because if my pedals are too light then I end up going waaay to fast and am not able to hold a steady beat. The only pedals I have played on that I like better then my Iron Cobras are Axis Longboards, Trick Pedals and DW 9000s. I will eventually upgrade to one of those pedals (The Longboards, I assume) but I will always keep my ICs.

Nice kit! I especially dig the finish. It's the same as my mapex kit. I feel the same way about the iron cobras, although they are very high quality. If you can spend the money, I highly recommend the Pearl eliminators. Set the spring tension really low, slap the red cams in 'em, and you've got yourself a really nice pedal with a light feel, but plenty of power. Kudos on your cymbals too. I love the K's. I'll never get rid of mine. Mucho props!

Back