My first deer!

A J

@A J someone on Amazon asked me (cuz I bought one) if the drum dial would work on what (I think) your profile pic shows.
Told them I am not sure.
I own a drum dial but have never used it on my djembe. Frankly, I haven't used it in years. It sits in a box.

King Tiger

You might want to be careful, though. Some poachers are egomaniacal lunatics and will shoot you rather than face responsibility!
H*ll, there are some guys on the job sites I go to that talk openly and brag about what they shot while they were poaching. I was like, . . . . .what????I didn't want any parts of the conversation and can't help but wonder why they would want to shoot their mouths off talking about it to other people and spreading it around?

Reactions: A J

felonious69

Gold Member
I said before I have never been hunting...but a few years back we went shooting...12 gage...clay pigeons...three cases of 'em!
MAN! What a blast...and i am a good shot!

GetAgrippa

Diamond Member
Ted gets all tribal equating hunting to manhood and early settlers when now hunting is really all about conservation since without hunters controlling population size you wouldn’t have much wild game due to limited habitat due to over population and disease.

My friends and I hunt one area that is isolated and deer in breeding so all kinds of mutations such as dwarfism and craniofacial anomalies. We really need to introduce new deer to that small gene pool because we thought we had eliminated most of bad genes but this year has had more mutants. There is a cougar in area that we hoped would kill off weaker deer but no go. I’ve never seen anything like it and I wonder if some environmental hazard explains it. Area is near industry?

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
I live in the woods but dont hunt. I regularly see deer, like at least once a week.

I once "got" a deer with my car sort of. I came around a turn and there were 4 deer in the road. I locked up the brakes and slid to a stop about 3" too long for this one poor deer. The hood of my car is really low, and I took out the deer below the knees. He fell over on to my hood and rolled off. He then stood up, looked at me like "why did you do that?" and then ran off. Luckily I only ended up with a dent (and subsequently a new hood). I'm sure the deer was fine.

felonious69

Gold Member
When I first asked Jeff if I could have a little venison he told me yeah, but it's "kinda hard to cook well".
After I fed him the marinated shish kabobs, he always had ME cook it at our get-togethers.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
By the way, Mr IP...
We finally had our first significant snow on Dec 27. And my snow thrower worked amazingly!!!
Thanks again!
Awesome! We had out first snow today. Like 3/32" or something. Just enough to be annoying.

felonious69

Gold Member
Another example of how awesome help can be found (not only regarding drums) on Drummerworld Forum.

Poaching is a serious problem around here. There are lots of people breaking the rules. Fortunately, our county sheriff has been catching some of the worst offenders this year. Just recently they were arresting some meathead for assault at his home. His angry girlfriend/sister led the deputies to a pile of poached deer carcasses.

Salmon poaching has also been a problem; more serious than deer (in my opinion). Since the salmon migrate up our creek to spawn, my wife and I have taken a personal interest in protecting them. We know where the favorite poaching spots are and visit them regularly. My wife actually coordinates directly with the local conservation officer and were able to nab two big-time out-of-state poachers.

Good for you and the Mrs 🙌🏼. As an ethical hunter poachers piss me off to no end ! 10 years ago in northern Maine my hunting group found a group of drunken idiots jacking moose . It was a wild and dangerous scene , and a long story , but in the end they were all caught and did time . A lot of it ! 2 on parole and one just got out 2 days prior after doing 10 years . All three were serious felons with long criminal histories involving firearms and violent crimes and meth !

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
Another real one and all time favorite of mine 😜 😝 🥴

View attachment 112230
I cant get over the fact that there are still people who dont understand that our food was once living.

I'd like to give a shout out to the corn and potatoes who selflessly gave their lives to go along with the fried chicken that was manufactured at the grocery store for my dinner last night.