My finalist performance at the Seoul drum festival competition in the middle school category.

Cru Drums

I had a great time meeting other drummers my age and surprisingly wasn't nervous at all. I attached a picture of what I was looking at during my performance, it was in a studio with 5 judges.

Full drum festival performances:

Attachments

• pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

StevenMorgan

That's a masterpiece, dude! You should go for something like America's got talent! You would have some big chances of winning! Also, you've got the same haircut as John Bonham, who's my all-time favorite drummer! So, you might be the next John Bonham, ha-ha! My son is having his first drums lesson in a week, and he's very excited about that! I'll show him your video; he's gonna love that, for sure! By the way, if any drummers out there are looking for some sound & lighting equipment for a concert/festival, don't hesitate to hit me up!

Last edited:

AzHeat

Platinum Member
Can't believe someplace in the world still televises drum competitions, and tame too. Nicely done. The pressure must have been enormous.

Cru Drums

That's a masterpiece, dude! You should go for something like America's got talent! You would have some big chances of winning! Also, you've got the same haircut as John Bonham, who's my all-time favorite drummer! So, you might be the next John Bonham, ha-ha! My son is having his first drums lesson in a week, and he's very excited about that! I'll show him your video; he's gonna love that, for sure! By the way, if any drummers out there are looking for some sound & lighting equipment for a concert/festival, don't hesitate to hit me up!
Thank you so much! I like John Bonham as well but am not able to comprehend most of his drumming yet, he is great (but Neil Peart is better IMHO). I hope your son takes to drumming.

Cru Drums

Can't believe someplace in the world still televises drum competitions, and tame too. Nicely done. The pressure must have been enormous.
Thank you! I was surprisingly calm, I think because I drum in front of about 200 people every week at church. They have had the drum festival every year since 1998, and some pretty big name drummers perform live pre-COVID like Luke Holland, Thomas Lang, Benny Greb, Tony Royster Jr., etc...

AzHeat

Platinum Member
Thank you! I was surprisingly calm, I think because I drum in front of about 200 people every week at church. They have had the drum festival every year since 1998, and some pretty big name drummers perform live pre-COVID like Luke Holland, Thomas Lang, Benny Greb, Tony Royster Jr., etc...
That’s one thing I’ll say about Asian countries. Seems literally nothing is allowed to die and skill (yeah even drums and drummers) are highly respected. When I visited Japan, I was blown away by how great the music scene, how so many stores and restaurants play great Jazz and classical music in the background instead of the punk@55ed garbage blasting here. Also, I still saw things like the red LED watches of the 70s being worn and still looked great. Old original mini coopers running around looking new.…Anyway, great to see drums and drummers still getting some love!

Playing in front of 200 people at church is one thing. Blinking camera lights and judges is entirely different. But then again, real pros focus on their work. Again, nice work!