My drum cave

Rhythmosophy

This is just me showing some drum sets and rambling about my drum cave.

thanks for watching. If you have vids of your drum cavepost em up :) love seeing fellow drummers layouts.

johnwesley

Silver Member
Okay.....uh.....I'm uh....so that's your porch? Uh....you have drums on your.....uh....porch....and....there's one that uh...you don't have a tape measure to....uh....see how tall it is....and uh....gimme a minute....oh yeah there's a....mosquito on one of the uh....bass drums or something. Maybe a.....I don't know.....uh.....and over there's a ....one that come from a pawn....store...or shop and it's ....uh.....there's no markings on it.....but it could be a you know....a 16 inch or so.....and no bugs.

Al Strange

Sorry mate, I didn’t make it to the end. That’s a really long video for the subject matter. Maybe rehearse what you’re going to say and edit something like this down to a couple of minutes before posting? I’d have less face close ups and more drums too (this is a drum forum, not social media)? Not trying to p*ss on your chips, just being honest; hopefully you take or leave my advice as constructive feedback? Whatever, I can see you love drums, so keep smashing it and enjoy the forum, there are some great people on here to talk drums with! (y) :cool:

Rhythmosophy

Sorry mate, I didn’t make it to the end. That’s a really long video for the subject matter. Maybe rehearse what you’re going to say and edit something like this down to a couple of minutes before posting? I’d have less face close ups and more drums too (this is a drum forum, not social media)? Not trying to p*ss on your chips, just being honest; hopefully you take or leave my advice as constructive feedback? Whatever, I can see you love drums, so keep smashing it and enjoy the forum, there are some great people on here to talk drums with! (y) :cool:
Yeah I’m just starting, so I’m very disorganized at the moment but I am a drummer as is my father so it has been my life from a baby and I primarily want to connect with fellow drummers and exchange ideas, stories, hacks and anything else revolving around our awesome instrument (drums).

I totally agree that my cam position was way off at times. My main thing is to just let folks hang out with me and go over drummer stuff. I didn’t mean it to come off like social media lol but I am trying to be social lol but I get what you mean.

A lot of the channels I see are just eat up with production and perfect lighting and music and you know so I was just trying to do something a little diff. Just click record and be real lol.

I absolutely appreciate everything you said and as I roll out more content And I’m gigging less (luckily my work barely was affected from Covid) I can totally focus and will take those suggestions to heart because after all YOU or whoever gives me their time are the audience so if I’m not trying to better communicate myself to you (the audience) I’m going to communicate with less instead of more.

Btw y’all killing me on that Block People thread lol. Jk

Al Strange

Yeah I’m just starting, so I’m very disorganized at the moment but I am a drummer as is my father so it has been my life from a baby and I primarily want to connect with fellow drummers and exchange ideas, stories, hacks and anything else revolving around our awesome instrument (drums).

I totally agree that my cam position was way off at times. My main thing is to just let folks hang out with me and go over drummer stuff. I didn’t mean it to come off like social media lol but I am trying to be social lol but I get what you mean.

A lot of the channels I see are just eat up with production and perfect lighting and music and you know so I was just trying to do something a little diff. Just click record and be real lol.

I absolutely appreciate everything you said and as I roll out more content And I’m gigging less (luckily my work barely was effected from Covid) I can totally focus and will take those suggestions to heart because after all YOU or whoever gives me their time are the audience so if I’m not trying to better communicate myself to you (the audience) I’m going to communicate with less instead of more.

Btw y’all killing me on that Block People thread lol. Jk
Cool. :cool: It’s all horses for courses mate. Some guys might love your content as it is. The thing I love about this forum is that it’s not an echo chamber; you’ll find that there are guys on here with polar opposite views on a wide range of topics. I like that because it forces me to step back and reevaluate my own views. This really is a great place to connect with other drummers, learn, share and even disagree from time to time. ;) Look forward to seeing more posts from you. (y):cool:

Rhythmosophy

Cool. :cool: It’s all horses for courses mate. Some guys might love your content as it is. The thing I love about this forum is that it’s not an echo chamber; you’ll find that there are guys on here with polar opposite views on a wide range of topics. I like that because it forces me to step back and reevaluate my own views. This really is a great place to connect with other drummers, learn, share and even disagree from time to time. ;) Look forward to seeing more posts from you. (y):cool:
Thanks homie, so far it’s been a really cool place and I’m glad I finally dove in on the forum. Been a quiet surfer for 12 years on and off.

MntnMan62

Do you have any drums actually set up that you can play? That's what people want to see. I have to admit that I also couldn't watch your entire video. Just being honest.

Rhythmosophy

Do you have any drums actually set up that you can play? That's what people want to see. I have to admit that I also couldn't watch your entire video. Just being honest.

Sure here’s one. I’ll have many more topics etc. Sorry it wasn’t that good to you. Thank you for the time you spent tho

Rhythmosophy

Just by chance if that last vid was to much energy here’s me playing more groove stuff. Yeah the quality ain’t so good but sound is. Both vids are on the yam 900 bass and the sensitive snare I was given as a gift.
Thx for your time

Ransan

Just by chance if that last vid was to much energy here’s me playing more groove stuff. Yeah the quality ain’t so good but sound is. Both vids are on the yam 900 bass and the sensitive snare I was given as a gift.
Thx for your time

Literally using a whole roll of tape on the head - without wasting any of it... almost like a riddle. ?
Good playing!

MntnMan62

Sure here’s one. I’ll have many more topics etc. Sorry it wasn’t that good to you. Thank you for the time you spent tho

Nice playing. Nice chops. Nice feel.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Welcome to the forum yeah we all seem to have ADD so like short videos LOL. I enjoyed your videos ( nice playing I can see the Rich influence) because they aren’t all the high tech presentation and fly by covers. Generally most forum members don’t post much playing - which I’ve encouraged more participation but I gave up and quit posting shed videos myself at this point. You come to the right place

Rhythmosophy

Welcome to the forum yeah we all seem to have ADD so like short videos LOL. I enjoyed your videos ( nice playing I can see the Rich influence) because they aren’t all the high tech presentation and fly by covers. Generally most forum members don’t post much playing - which I’ve encouraged more participation but I gave up and quit posting shed videos myself at this point. You come to the right place
Agrippa thanks man! I sincerely appreciate that!

I’d love to see some of those shed videos bro!

doggyd69b

or buy or DIY a teleprompter (they are very easy to make and very cheap if you want to buy one) millions of examples in YT on how to make one.

Rhythmosophy

or buy or DIY a teleprompter (they are very easy to make and very cheap if you want to buy one) millions of examples in YT on how to make one.
Nah Lol but thanks for watching!

I’m more just about going off the cuff. I do good making what I make barely have time for that. Thanks again tho