My Camco Project-Pix won't post. Pls help.

I want to post photos of my finished Camco refurbish but can't get the pix to post. I searched DW repeatedly for an answer before posting this. Honest!

I uploaded the photos to Photobucket, then clicked the little yellow photo icon and pasted the URL where it says to. All I see is the URL bracketed by "IMG". No image, itself. I'm doing this from an iMac or an iPad, so "right click" isn't an option. Can someone give me the idiot's guide to posting photos?

I'm on a Mac too. find you pick in Photobucket then go to 'Links to share this album', lower right, copy the "Direct' link for that pic, go back to DW, click the image icon and you paste the URL in that . Voila.

This forum requires that pictures be smaller than 100K for posting. I usually take the pics I want to post, put them in my photo-editor program, and re-size them to something like 72dpi, so the overall size is under 100k.

If the photos are being hosted by another site, I would just post a link to that site. Try re-sizing them and posting them directly to your thread. Less confusing that way. Good luck!

A real simple way is to put your pics on FB first. Open the pics up to from the FB site and drag them onto your desktop. Then select them from the DW posting page. They will then fit the DW format. FB automatically resizes them for you.

Arrrgh! I resized a photo to 46K, copied the URL from photobucket, trying direct link as well as manually copying and pasting the URL. Still just seeing the just URL with IMG on either side. When I "preview post" I still don't see an image, just the text.

Thanks, guys for the tips, but I must be missing something (like, maybe, some brain cells). I'm reluctant to post them to FB, since I never post anything there. I guess I might have to just post the link, but now I NEED to figure this out. Everyone else on the planet posts stuff to various forums. Why not me? I might need a hug soon......

Can you save them as JPEG files to your desktop at that 46K size? Then you just attach them into your thread via Drummerworld - no need to copy or post URL's.

Bo, I have saved the 46K jpg to my desktop. How do I now attach it into my thread via Drummerworld? Sorry to be so dense. Do I still use the picture icon? I'm pathetic!

When you make a post, the 5th little icon from the right side, bottom line, above the area where you type, is how you attach a photo. Click that box, then select the photo on your computer, and hit the upload button.

Hope that made sense.

Additionally, you can right click. Simply put two fingers on your track-pad and click on the bottom. Viola, right-click. I use nothing but Macs (from iMac to Macbook to iPads and iPods) no limitations.

From photobucket, you can cut and paste the IMG link right onto your message as text, or use the link that says "direct" and paste that into the paperclip/attachment button on Drummerworld. If you use the IMG link in your message and you have huge pictures, they will come right on through here as huge pictures- not good. You can resize on photobucket by hitting "edit", then find the "resize" button. Make the bigger of the two numbers 1200, and it will automatically get the proportion correct.
da92a73a09fc9b2d3f3b7a06eac74d79_zpsf512d2a9.jpg

Thanks for the replies. I'm beginning to feel like a drowning man that can't hold on to the rope that's being thrown. I'm away from my computer now, but I'll try again later.

Bo, I have saved the 46K jpg to my desktop. How do I now attach it into my thread via Drummerworld? Sorry to be so dense. Do I still use the picture icon? I'm pathetic!

When you hit the "Reply to thread" button, the little paper clip icon is what you use to attach the picture to your response of the thread. Another window will pop up asking you to list the attachments. Hit the "browse" button and a listing of files will appear from your desktop. Select the jpeg file, then hit "upload" and let it do its thing. If the file is too big, it will tell you so. If it is, re-size it again and go through these steps again. But I think you're good at 46K.

Sorry Giltkitguy - disregard my post - it's wrong.

That's how you link to a picture on another site. When I attach a pic, I do what Bo says - use the paperclip icon.

Additionally, you can right click. Simply put two fingers on your track-pad and click on the bottom. Viola, right-click. I use nothing but Macs (from iMac to Macbook to iPads and iPods) no limitations.

Hey I learned something tonight. Thanks!

The paper clip!!! That's what I was missing! I thought that the yellow postcard icon was the way to post images. Don't they say something to the effect that the definition of stupidity is repeating the same unsuccessful action, but expecting a different outcome? That's me!

Thanks,ever so much to Bo and others that offered their help. The whole story is that while I was out, my wife texted me saying, "I saw that you left your post at DW open and I attached the photos for you" Guess I should have asked her for help in the first place.......
I'll post more photos in the Drum Gear forum, but here's proof that it worked:

Attachments

• CamcoSized.JPG
    CamcoSized.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 92
Beautiful! Love the older Camcos - a friend of mine loaned me his back in the 90s when I needed a kit - and I couldn't get him to part with them when I refused to give them back!

Those are really nice. So, onto the missing info. Year? Sizes? Badges?​

Back