My Basement Studio

Chamai

Hey all,
Just want to share some photos of my drum kits. The double bass kit is a Pearl Masters mmx. The kit beside it is a Camco Hoshino kit. And thr kit sitting on the side is my Yamaha Rick M hip gig.
I use all Sabians AA and AAX cymbals on thr Pearl and Zildjian A Customs and K hybrids on the Camcos.

20201004_211159_copy_1612x784.jpg20201004_201647_copy_1612x784.jpg20190930_021639_copy_1612x996.jpg

Attachments

• 20201112_233759_copy_784x1613.jpg
    20201112_233759_copy_784x1613.jpg
    377.5 KB · Views: 7
Wow! Impressive gear. And a beautiful looking Yamaha kit, too. I'm wondering how the room sounds because of the bare walls and floor?

What’s the cat’s name?
The orange or black and white?

Whenever I see rooms like this, I wonder how does one actually get behind the drums to play them?

The giant green kit looks very Lombardo-esque. I dig it.

Nice real estate!

I’d love to check out that Camco kit.

I'm digging the foosball table. The other stuff too.

The orange or black and white?

Whenever I see rooms like this, I wonder how does one actually get behind the drums to play them?

The giant green kit looks very Lombardo-esque. I dig it.

There is enough room beside the hi hats on the Camco kit to slip in. So I gotta go through the Camcos to get to the pearls. its annoying i know haha

I can only dream of having a room like this!! :love:

me too...I don't think I will ever have the space...

is that all of your non drum equipment, or this that your bands?

It reminds me of the practice space my metal band has. I play bass in that band

me too...I don't think I will ever have the space...

is that all of your non drum equipment, or this that your bands?

It reminds me of the practice space my metal band has. I play bass in that band

All the non drum stuff is mine too. I don't have a band. Here is some of the other stuff if you are interested. Here is what I record drums with. Focusrite Scarlett for drums. I run my overheads through the ART pre. I use the Prismsound lyra for guitars and bass and through in my comp after recording. I use lexicon reverbs and nothing else. All my effevt processors are sitting in my guitar rack since I'm going for thr 80s session guitar sound.

20201016_193413_copy_1612x784.jpg20201118_122142_copy_1612x784.jpg20201118_122409_copy_1612x784.jpg

All the non drum stuff is mine too. I don't have a band. Here is some of the other stuff if you are interested. Here is what I record drums with. Focusrite Scarlett for drums. I run my overheads through the ART pre. I use the Prismsound lyra for guitars and bass and through in my comp after recording. I use lexicon reverbs and nothing else. All my effevt processors are sitting in my guitar rack since I'm going for thr 80s session guitar sound.

View attachment 98129View attachment 98130View attachment 98131

cool...so you also play bass and guitar? That is definitely a great play place!!!!

right now, my wife and I are planning on possibly. retiring to van/trailer life, so as much as I want to a mass the same kind of equipment, we might be going "homeless" for a few years to do traveling ...COVID depending now. When we land, my plan is to do a place like that for all of my toys!!!

cool...so you also play bass and guitar? That is definitely a great play place!!!!

right now, my wife and I are planning on possibly. retiring to van/trailer life, so as much as I want to a mass the same kind of equipment, we might be going "homeless" for a few years to do traveling ...COVID depending now. When we land, my plan is to do a place like that for all of my toys!!!

Piano and drums is my main instrument. Been playing the piano since I was 4. I know a little bit of guitar and I know nothing about bass haha. I wish i still had an acoustic piano.

Man i wish I can retire, I am aiming to retire early. I really don't wanna work another 33 years lol. Traveling sounds nice. I really need to save to get another rental property. I want both of my kids to have their own place when they hit 18 so they can focus on studying or whatever and not worry about rent. Housing has become so expensive in the recent years.

I really should stop buying crap for awhile heh.20201021_025614_copy_1612x784.jpg

These pictures perform a vital function at my house. I bring the wife over to look at them and say "See. I don't have anywhere near this much stuff!" ;)

It's called enabling.

Back