My band's cover of an A Perfect Circle song...

MykeyInChains

Check it out: www.myspace.com/oftheearthband

Magdalena by A Perfect Circle. Josh Freese is a master of simplicity and it shows in this song. I tried to do him justice. Completely live recording at practice, all recorded to a stereo signal using an analog mixer with USB out.

We are a trio, Guitar, Drums and Vocals. All the bass tracks are programmed or recorded by me and played through my Roland SPD-S and then played through the P.A. I listen to a click track as we play so everything lines up fine.

Any comments will be appreciated. Thaaaaanks.

Wow, I just realized I accidentally posted in the wrong section. My bad, guys.

Last edited:
That was really nice! I haven't heard that song for a long time, even the lead singer did it some justice. Trying to mimic Maynards range is not easy :) In fact your vocalists sounds like Adam Gontier of Three Days Grace (thats a compliment.) You guys really did it well. I haven't heard many APC covers, so I will say its one of the best I've heard.

That was really nice! I haven't heard that song for a long time, even the lead singer did it some justice. Trying to mimic Maynards range is not easy :) In fact your vocalists sounds like Adam Gontier of Three Days Grace (thats a compliment.) You guys really did it well. I haven't heard many APC covers, so I will say its one of the best I've heard.

Thanks! I really appreciate that, and i'm sure the rest of my band will too.

I didn't think he sounded hugely like Adam Gontier. Good singer nontheless though.

Back