My Band - Jazz/Hip Hop

NouveauCliche

Heyo Folks,

I really hadn't been active here for...maybe a decade or so haha - but it's been really fun getting in touch with the new faces around here.

I thought I'd drop a video of what I spend my time doing - this isn't a super "DRUM FIRE" video - but we have fun. This was at Flushing Hall in NYC (and Jimmy Cobb was the last person to play this kit before me - so that was neat).

We play all over the place and we do a LOT with education, etc. - We'll be playing at the Smithsonian here in a bit, Lincoln Center this summer, Kennedy Center for a festival later this year and a bunch of PACs between now and then. Three of us are indigenous musicians, I'm half Peruvian, and the trumpet player and MC are both Diné Navajo - so a lot of what we do focuses on incorporating those cultures into our stories and melodies, etc. but in a super not like "World Music" kind of way haha.

Anyways - this is me and D'DAT. (Oh and the second video is from a theater in Willits, CA)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Jazz/Hip Hop with cultural/ancestry influences (which is how it all began with cultural/ancestry incorporating stories and influences) now how can you go wrong-awesome!!!!!! Looks like a steady fun gig and I like the idea of it all.

NouveauCliche

Jazz/Hip Hop with cultural/ancestry influences (which is how it all began with cultural/ancestry incorporating stories and influences) now how can you go wrong-awesome!!!!!! Looks like a steady fun gig and I like the idea of it all.
Thanks man - really appreciate it! :)