My attempt at a Steve Jordan kind of groove

V nice swamy thing you've got going on. This might be a steve jordan groove but you 'sounded' more like benny greb to me. good stuff, either way..

Reaaally tight groove! Sounds a lot like Steve, minus the extreme head bob. The kick sounded funky to me, although maybe that's just cause of the microphone you were using. Really dug the sound of your snare, though.

Yeah, it was a good performance. But now we gotta work on your gear. You need at least a 22" bass drum. And then get a 22" light ride of some kind and the aforementioned 17" hi hats. And crank your snare way up too ;)

Reaaally tight groove! Sounds a lot like Steve, minus the extreme head bob. The kick sounded funky to me, although maybe that's just cause of the microphone you were using. Really dug the sound of your snare, though.

Funky is good right? :) It's an 18, tuned pretty high. I usually don't play this kind of stuff on this kit or I would have set it up differently.

I have been wanting big hats and a 22" though. I just can't seem to find some I like enough to drop the money on.

Back